(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper (Painting)
Time allowed: 02 hours
Maximum Marks: 40
i. All the eight questions are compulsory, which carry
1. Describe the main features of the Rajasthani or Pahari
School of Miniature Painting.
2. Which one do you like or dislike most among all the Mughal
or Deccan School Miniature Painting included in your course of study? Give your
appropriate reasons in detail in the light of the Capabilities of its artist in
handling the medium & technique, depiction of the subject-matter and the way of
3. Describe the evolution of the Indian National Flag and the
symbolic significance of forms and colours used in it.
4. Which human life values are expressed in the painting
‘Rama Vanquishing the Pride of the Ocean’ done by famous contemporary (modern)
Indian painter Raja Ravi Verma? Explain in short.
5. Evaluate the artistic achievements of any of the
following painters with reference to his particular painting included in your
course of study:
(i) Sahibin [Rajasthani School (Mewar)]
(ii) Guman [Rajasthani School(Jaipur)]
6. Mention the names of any five painters of the Mughal and
Deccan Schools included in your course of study, which you like most.
7. What is symbolized by each of the following, used in
the Indian National Flag?
(a) Indian Saffron Colour
(b) White Colour
(c) Indian Green Colour
(e) 24 Spoken in the Ashokan-Wheel
8. Mention the names of any three painters of the Rajasthani
School of Miniature Painting and any two of the Pahari School of Miniature