(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper (Heritage Craft) 2015
Maximum Marks 70
The question paper consists of three sections A, B and C.
All sections are compulsory.
Separate instructions are given with each section and
question wherever necessary. Read these instructions carefully and follow
Do not exceed the prescribed word limit while answering
Section A is theory part based on the textbook which has
13 questions having a weightage of 40 marks.
Question 1-5 are multiple choice questions of 1 mark
each, students will have to attempt all.
Question 6-9 are of 3 marks each, students will have to
Question 10-12 are of 5 marks each, students will have to
Question 13 is of 8 marks and carries a choice.
Section B is based on field work. There are 2 questions
in this section. Section B has a weightage of 20 marks.
Question 14 and 15 carry choice and carry 10 marks each.
Section C is based on application and innovation in
design and processes.
Question 16 carries choice and is of 10 marks, students
will have to attempt any one question.
As per the instructions given above, students will have
to attempt all the questions.
Choose the correct option in the following – (1 x 5 = 5)
1. Which was the movement started by Gandhiji to promote
a) Swadeshi movement
b) Non-cooperation movement
c) Quit India movement
d) Dandi March
2. Women play a major role in the making of Indian craft
a) Following the rituals of the family
b) Bringing the children
c) Helping in the process of craft making by being involved from the beginning
till the end
d) Cooking in the house
3. The Trade Development Authority (TDA) and Trade Fair
Authority of India (TFAI) were established by the
a) Government of India
b) British Government
c) West Europe
d) Middle East
4. Mingling tradition with innovations help craft persons
a) Up lifting the sales
b) Looking aesthetical and modern at the same time
c) Creating a confused state
d) Making space for traditional craft in upcoming modern market
5. One of the major advantages of organizing Craft Mela or
Crafts Bazar in a place like Delhi is to _________________
a) Promote Craft and reaching to the masses
b) Give an opportunity to the crafts men to visit Delhi
c) Provide employment to the people
d) Create awareness about Delhi
Answer the following in not more than 80-100 words each (3 x
4 = 12)
6. Elaborate the role played by ancient guilds and srenis in
maintaining the standard of product.
7. What are the problems faced by skilled craft persons to
reinstate themselves after natural disaster?
8. Suggest the measures to stop child labour in craft
9. Describe how created facilities, education and
advertisement will help craft persons to grow more.
How can craft persons recover their status and esteemed place
in present economic situation?
Answer the following in not more than 100 – 120 words each
–(5 x 3 = 15)
10. Discuss how colonialism diverted Indian cotton craft
production to suppliers of raw material.
11. How did the initiatives of Mrs. Kamla Devi Chattopadhyay
help in promoting crafts after India’s independence?
12. Design and development goes hand in hand for the craft
The traditional market places (melas and pilgrimage centers)
for craft sale have advantages and disadvantages for the crafts community.
Answer the following in not more than 150 – 200 words – (8 x
1 = 8)
13. Elaborate the principles of marketing with relevant
How does the sale of Crafts decline with less tourism? What
are the measures you suggest to promote the sale?
Describe each of the following in not more than 300 words.
(10 x2 =20)
14. While documenting the craft tradition what was your
finding on the following –
a. Material, process and techniques.
b. Social structure including role of women
c. Resources management
In your opinion what are the major factors responsible for
the present status of crafts being so low?
15. Describe in details, the issues and measures discussed in
the class before going on the field work.
Write in detail the aspects of the heritage buildings that
you studied while documenting them in your city.
Describe the following in not more than 100 words. (10 x 1=
16. Note down any one innovation that you brought in the
craft chosen by you. Did the craft person agree to adapt it? Give reasons.
Describe the measures you will take to promote sale and
public awareness. Give reasons