(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper (Human Rights And
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Question Nos. 1-6 are of 1 mark each. The answers to these questions should
not exceed 20 words each.
3. Question Nos. 7-11 are of 2 marks each. The answers to these questions should
not exceed 40 words each.
4. Question Nos. 12-17 are of 4 marks each. The answers to these questions
should not exceed 100 words each.
5. Question Nos. 18-22 are of 6 marks each. The answers to these questions
should not exceed 150 words each.
1.How does the Indian Constitution protect Human Rights? (1)
2. State any two types of inequalities prevalent among human
beings and give relevant examples. (1)
3. List the recommendations made by the Rio declaration on
4. Describe a gender responsive budget. (1)
5. Explain the influence of feminism on Gender Studies. (1)
6. Outline the significance of Dowri Prohibition Act. (1)
7. What is equality? Can it be related to sameness? (2)
8. Distinguish between Penal remedies and Compensatory
9. How would you define ‘empowerment’? (2)
10. Enumerate and comment on any two key principles of Gender
11. Legal Aid Cells are positive development towards raising
legal awarenessamongst women –Justify. (2)
12. Examine the contributions made by the Enlightenment
Thinkers in the development of human rights. (4)
13.Human beings are definitely an integral part of the
environment and the environment plays a great part in all aspects of human life
including the realization of human rights. The United Nations Conference on the
Human Environment in 1972, acknowledged that the environment plays a big role
for the well-being of human beings and for the realisation of rights.
How are human rights and environment related? Environmental
rights are a kind of collective rights- Justify. (4)
14. Explain the interdisciplinary nature of Gender Studies
and highlight the contributions made by the University Grants Commissionto
promote Gender Studies. (4)
15.Identify the waysthrough which the masses can be made
aware of gender equality. (4)
16.How does domestic violence impact the emotional wellbeing
of women?How can legislations help in preventing this atrocity against women?
17. What do you understand by ‘Family Courts’? Explain the
nature, trial and disposition of the cases in such courts. (4)
18. Explain the steps taken by the United Nations towards the
development of Disability policy.
Explain both positive and negative roles played by the media
in Gender Mainstreaming.
19. How is female foeticide a challenge for the Indian
society? Justify that technology has made foeticide more rampant in the country
than ever before. (6)
Differentiate Refugees from Environmentally displaced people.
What are the environmental factors that contribute to displacement? State the
role of NGO’s in helping the displaced people.
20. Establish the relationship between gender issues and
economic development.Illustrate the impact of Health, Education, Inflation and
FDI on economic growth. (6)
Give a detailed account of the role of Women’s Movements
towards empowering women in their social and personal lives.
21. ‘One of the greatest challenges faced by the world is to
provide sufficient food for every individual’- How can this challenge be
Discuss the causes and impact of water degradation. Justify
the necessity of an alternative water policy in India?
22. Elaborate Right to Life and Right to Equality.(OR) (6)
Explain Women In Development (WID) and Women And Development
(WAD) Theories and examine the contribution of these theories in fostering