CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper (Mass Media Studies) 2014-15
Max Marks : 80
Time Allowed: 3 Hours
The weightage of the distribution of marks over different dimensions of the
question paper shall be as follows:
I. WEIGHTAGE TO CONTENT/SUBJECT UNITS
VSA = Very Short Answer Type Questions
SA-1&II = Short Answer Type Questions
LA = Long Answer Type Questions
ET = Essay Answer Type Questions
Scheme of options
Internal option in ET type question only.
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iii) Answers should be brief and to the point.
(iv) PART- A has 8 Very Short Answer type carrying one mark each. Answer to each
question should not exceed 20 words.
(v) Questions 9 to13 in PART- B are Short Answer Type I questions carrying 3
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 40-50 words.
(vi) Questions 14 to 19 in PART- C are Short Answer Type II questions carrying 4
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 60-80 words.
(vii) Questions 20 to 22 in PART- D are Long Answer Type questions carrying 5
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 100-150 words.
(viii) Questions 23 and 25 in PART- E are Essay Answer Type questions carrying 6
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 150-200 words.
PART – A
1. What are the two distinct stages of message transmission in the two step flow
2. What are folktales? 1
3. According to Majid Tehranian, what are the three megatrends that characterize
the 21st century? 1
4. State any two differences between the works of Lumiere Brothers and Georges
5. What is understood by genres in films? 1
6. What is Mise en scene? 1
7. What is multimedia? 1
8. What is ‘Comparative Advertising’? 1
9. Briefly explain the two broad categories of a newspaper format giving
suitable examples. 3
10. Are online versions of newspapers a profitable enterprise in India? Why do
you think so? 3
11. What are the uses of multimedia? 3
12. Write a brief note on Vividh Bharati Services. 3
13. What were the technological factors that facilitated the growth and
development of press. 3
14. What do you understand by the terms: Yellow Journalism, Chequebook
Journalism, Sting Journalism and Page 3 Journalism? 4
15. Explain the difference between analogue and digital signals. 4
16. Imagine you are a newspaper journalist. You have to interview the Police
Commissioner of your state about “Safety of Women”. Frame five chronological
questions to ask him/her. 4
17. According to Jerome Bruner, what are the important characteristics of a
18. Describe some of the recent forms of advertising. 4
19. What is quota sampling? Do you agree that the quota sampling is more
reflective of the entire group? Cite reasons in favour of your view. 4
20. Critically analyse the audience theories of mass media. 5
21. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of advertising in different forms
of media. 5
22. Discuss any five points involved in the process of adaptation of cinema. 5
23. Why is cinema called the mother of all arts? Elucidate with examples. 6
24. The portrayal of women in the Indian media oscillates in heaps of different
shades.’ Explain. 6
25. Describe the various computer hardware that are required to create
multimedia projects. 6
Write briefly on any four softwares that can be used in developing a multimedia