The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
List of Boards Recognising NIOS Examinations & Certification
- Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, Vidhya Bhawan,
Nampally, Hyderabad Conditions :Pass with five subjects namely English one
major Indian language, Mathematics, Science and Social Science with 35%
marks may be treated as equivalent to S.S.C awarded by A.P. Board of
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Hyderabad- 500001
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Bamunimaidan Guwahati.
- Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2,
Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, Pragati
House, 3rd Floor, 47-48, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
Conditions: Secondary: Must have passed in five written
subjects of external examination at one and
the same sitting and that these five subjects must
include English, a Second language and three other
written subjects. Senior Secondary: Provided that
the candidate had obtained pass marks in English
and three other written subjects at one and the
- Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Alto
Betim, Goa - 403521
- Haryana Board of School Education, Bhiwani.
Conditions: Secondary: Must have passed Hindi, English
(compulsory) and Math, Social Science, Science and optional
subjects that a student has taken.
Senior Secondary: Pass all subjects which are according to
Board Syllabus, i.e. Hindi, English (compulsory) and any three
other subjects that the student has taken.
- H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala-176215 Distt.
Conditions: Provided Secondary Students have offered any
four subjects out of English, Hindi, Math, Science and Social
Science and any one subject out of (a) Sanskrit/Urdu/Tamil/Telugu
(b) one elective subject, and Senior Secondary Students have
offered English with any four subjects.
JAMMU & KASHMIR
- The Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education, New
Campus, Bemina, Sri Nagar - 190 010
- Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi.
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education,
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary
Conditions: For admission to Higher Secondary: Passing NIOS
secondary with five subjects with English as one of subjects.
- Meghalaya Board of School Education, Tura-794001
- Mizoram Board of School Education, Aizawal-796012
- Nagaland Board of School Education, Kohima
Condition: Pass in Five Subjects.
- Board of Secondary Education, Bajrakabati Road,
- Council of Higher Secondary Education, Bhubneswar-751013
Condition: Passing NIOS Senior Secondary with two languages,
i.e. English and any other language including Alernate English
alongwith three other optional subjects.
- Punjab School Education Board, SAS Nagar
Mohali - 160059
- Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer-305001
Condition: Secondary : Pass in five subjects namely Hindi,
English, Social Science, Science and Mathematics
Senior Secondary : Pass in five subjects namely Hindi, English
plus other three subjects.
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education, Tripura
- U.P. Board of High School & Intermediate Education, Allahabad
Condition: Secondary : Pass in minimum 6 (six) subjects; Senior
Secondary: Pass in minimum 5 (five subjects)
- Uttranchal Shiksha Evm Pariksha Parishad, Ramnagar, Nainital.
Condition: Pass with six subjects at secondary level.
Government of West Bengal School Education Department,
Salt Lake, Kolkata-91
Condition: Compulsory subjects in the examination similar to
those in the Madhyamik Examination under West Bengal Board
of Secondary Education and cleared the compulsory and minimum
number of Elective Subjects as stipulated for the Higher Secondary
Examination under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, 77/2 Park Street,
Courtesy: National Institute of Open Schooling