(Paper) Previous Year Question Paper (BA LLB) - 2010
Section - II : General Knowledge and Current Affairs
1. In Malaysia, the word ‘bhumiputra’ refers to
2. What was the real uame of blunshi Premchand?
(a) Nabab Rai
(b) Dhanpat Rai
(c) Ram Chandra Srivastava
(d) Hari Shankar
3. Who is the author of’Old Man and the Sea’?
(a) John Ruskin
(b) Raja Rao
(c) Gunter Grass
(d) Emest Hemingway
4. Prophet Mohammed was born in
(a) 570 A.D.
(b) 720 A.D.
(c) 620 A.D.
(d) 510 A.D.
5. When was the First World War declared?
6. Deodhar trophy is given for the game of
7. Pariyar Wild-Life sanctuary is situated in the state of
8. Napanagar in Madhya pradesh is known for
(a) steel mill
(b) sugar mills
(d) news print factory
9. Who destroyed the Somnalh temple in Gujrat?
(a) Mohammed Ghouri
(b) Mahmud Ghaznavi
(c) Changhez Khan
(d) Taimur Lang
10. In Cape Trafalgar, the famous battle of Trafalgar was fought in 1805. Where is Cape Trafalgar situated?
11. Lumbini is the place where the Buddha
(a) attained nirvana
(b) attained enlightenment
(c) was bone
(d) was married
12. Galvanometer is an instrument to measure
(a) relative density of liquids
(b) electric currents
(c) pressure of gases
13. Who wrote ‘Mudra Rakshasa’?
(b) Bana Bhatta
(d) Jaya Dev
14. The venue of Asian Games in 1970 was
(d) New Delhi
15. 1929 is known for
(a) visit of Simon Commission to India
(b) congress resolution for complete independence of India
(c) coming of Indian National Congress under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi
(d) bumta was made a part of India
16. LN.S. Airavat is India’s
(a) amphibious ship
17. Aslra-Missile is
(a) surface to surface missile
(b) surface to air missile
(c) air to surface missile
(d) air to air missile
18. Nehm Institute of Mountaineering is situated at
19. The chief gucst on the 60′” Republic day of India was the President of
20. Which of the following was not the base of L.T.T.E. before being captured by Srilankan Forces’?
(a) Elephant Pass
(d) Murid ke
21. Who was given Col. C. K. Nayudu Life Time Achievement Award for 2007-2008 for exemplary contribution to cricket
(a) Kapil Dev
(b) Gundappa Vishwanath
(c) Sunil Gavaskar
(d) Vijay Hazare
22. Who is the foreign minister of European Union?
(a) Baroness Ashlon
(b) Massimo D’ Alema
(c) David Miliband
(d) Carl Hildt
23. Who is the author of `Godan’?
(a) Bhishma Sahani
(c) Manohar Shyam Joshi
(d) Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyay
24. Which political party does Raj Babbar belong to?
(b) Bharatiya Janala Party
(d) Bahujan Samaj Party
25. In which year Bastille fell on 14′ of July?
(d) none of them
26. Alberto Fujimari is the farmer president of
(c) South Korea
27. Which of the following is the national river of India?
28.The highest number of telephone users are in
29. The president of Maldives is
(a) Maumoom Abdel Gajnee
(b) Mohammad Ashraf
(c) Mahmood Alam
(d) Mohammed Nasheed
30. Arabinda Rajkhowa is a member of
(b) Assam Gana Parishad
(c) Maoist Centre
31. The breakthrough in the ideas of Darwin on the evolution of species came after his visit to a cluster of islands and where he saw that each island supported its own form of finch. Name the islands’?
(a) Ice land
(d) Christian Islands
32. Mahatma Gandhi never became a Nobel Laureate, but he was nominated five times. In which of the following years he was not nominated?
33. Which of the following countries has not, till the end of 2009, decoded the entire genome of a human being?
34. When was the University of Bombay established?
35. Harare is the capital of
(b) Zaire Republic
36. Before the Indian team left for Conference on Climate Change at Copenhagen, Jairam Ramesh announced that India would work for voluntary reduction of in energy intensity in 2020 compared to 2005.
(a) 40 to 45 percent
(b) 20 to 25 percent
(c) 30 to 35 percent
(d) 10 to 15 percent
37. Which is the largest island in the world (ifAustralia is not considered an island)?
38. Indo-Pak summit between Parvez Musharraf and Atal Bihari Bajpayee was held in 2001 at
39. In May 2009, in the final of Sultan A21an Shah Championship Indian men’s Hockey team was defeated by
(c) New Zealand
40. Which of the following is not a union territory?
(b) Daman and Diu
41. Who was the founder editor of “Kesari”?
(a) lala Lajpat Rai
(b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(c) Gopal Krishna Gokhle
(d) Dadabhai Naoroji
42. With whose permission did the English set up their first factory at Surat?
43. The group of nations known as G-8 started as G-7. Which among the following was not one of them?
44. Emperor Akbar the Great, died in the year
45. What was the name of Emperor Shahjahan before he became Emperor?
46. Which of the following trees has medicinal value?
47. Identify the main principle on which the Parliamentary system operates?
(a) Responsibility of executive to legislature
(b) Supremacy of democracy
(c) Rule of law
(d) Supremacy of the constitution
48. Great tennis player Bjom Borg belongs to which country?
49. Which of the following is the national song of India?
(a) Vande Mataram
(b) Jana gana mana adhinayak…
(c) Ye mera chaman, ye mera chaman
(d) Sare jahan se achchha
50. Which country was known as sick man of Europe?