(Paper) Previous Year Question Paper (BA LLB) - 2012
Section - II : General Knowledge and Current Affairs
1. Who said that, ‘Man is a social animal’?
2. World Computer Literacy day is celebrated on
(A) November 14
(B) November 3
(C) December 2
(D) July 5
3. Whose teaching inspired the French Revolution?
4. The II Africa-India Summit was held in May 2011 in
(A) New Delhi
(D) Addis Ababa
5. The famous Akshardham temple is situated in the city of
6. Who out of the following was the recipient of Dhyan Chand Award in 2011?
(A) Satish Pillai
(B) Hukam Singh
(C) Shabbir Ali
(D) Mukh Bain Singh
7. Name the annual fair of Rajasthan that is famous for its camel trading event.
(A) Maru Mela
(B) Pushkar Mela
(C) Suraj Kund Mela
(D) Sonepur Mela
8. The 38th G-8 summit will be held in 2012 in
9. Who was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 2011?
(A) Paul Lauterbur
(B) Bill Clinton
(C) Tomas Transtromer
(D) Shirin Ebadi
10. Who was awarded the UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize in 2011?
(A) Nelson Mandela
(B) National Literacy Service, Burundi
(C) Medha Patkar
(D) National Literacy Mission, India
11. December 10 is observed as
(A) World Health Day
(B) U. N. Day
(C) Red Cross Day
(D) Human Rights Day
12. Which is the largest gland in human body?
13. The book titled ‘The Google Story’ has been authored by
(A) David A. Vice
(B) Shobha Dey
(C) Fredrick Forsyth
14. Which strait separates Europe from Africa
15. Taiwan was earlier known as
16. Identify the Indian Tennis player who has turned Hollywood filmmaker?
(A) Vijay Amritraj
(B) Mahesh Bhupathi
(C) Leander Pae
(D) Ashok Amritraj
17. Where will the next Olympic Games be held in 2012?
18. Which of the following teams has won the Santosh Trophy Football Championship in 2011?
(B) West Bengal
19. Excess of money supply as compared to supply of goods results in
(C) Trade deficit
20. The largest living flightless bird is
21. Which of the following oceans has the shape of the English letter ‘S’?
22. Which is the longest shipping canal in the world?
(A) Panama Canal
(B) Suez Canal
(C) White Sea-Baltic Canal
(D) Kiel Canal
23. Le Corbusier, the architect of Chandigarh was a national of
24. India became a member of UNO in
25. To which country does India export the largest quantity of iron ore?
26. The longest highway in India runs from
(A) Kolkata to Jammu
(B) Shillong to Amritsar
(C) Ambala to Nagercoil
(D) Varanasi to Kanyakumari
27. The longest irrigation canal in India is called
(A) Upper Bari Doab Canal
(B) Indira Gandhi Canal
(C) Sirhind Canal
(D) Yamuna Canal
28. Leukemia is a disease related to
29. In which city was Osama Bin Laden killed in May 2011?
30. The XI Five Year Plan envisaged the highest growth in the sector of
31. Light year is a unit of
(D) Light intensity
32. The IV summit of BRICS was held in New Delhi on
(A) 11th January 2012
(B)1st April 2012
(C) 29th March 2012
(D)28th February 2012
33. An indigenous nuclear submarine still under construction has been named as
34. Government of India has launched a publicity campaign for census 2011 in association with which of the following UN organization?
(A) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
(B) World Health Organization (WHO)
(C) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
(D) United Nations Population Fund (UNPF)
35. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) completed how many years of operation in 2011?
(A) 3 years
(B) 4 years
(C) 5 years
(D) 6 years
36. The first ever formula one race in India was held in
(A) Greater Noida
(B) New Delhi
37. Name the actor who has been honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2012.
(A) Naseerudin Shah
(B) Kamal Hasan
(C) Soumitra Chatterjee
(D) Amol Paleker
38. In which city was the Arab Summit held in the last week of March 2012?
39. The two Supreme Court Judges who delivered the famous 2-G judgment in February 2012 were
(A) Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra
(B) Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice A.K. Ganguly
(C) Justice S.H. Kapadia and Justice A.K. Ganguly
(D) Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad and Justice H.L. Gokhale
40. Who presides over the joint sitting of both houses of Parliament?
(A) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(C) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
(D) Prime Minister
41. Christian Lagarde heads the
(A) World Bank
(C) International Monetary Fund
42. The seat of International Criminal Court is at
(A) The Hague
43. First Indian to ski to North Pole is
(A) Arun Nayyar
(B) Ajeet Bajaj
(C) Sq. Ldr. Sanjay Thapar
(D) Neal Paramjeet
44. First woman Director General of Police in India was
(A) Kanchan Choudhary
(B) Kavitha Choudhary
(C) Kiran Bedi
(D) Aswathy Tonge
45. Which countries co-hosted the One-day cricket World Cup in 2011?
(A) India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
(B) India, Bangladesh and Pakistan
(C) India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan
(D) India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan
46. Priyanka Chopra has been named National Ambassador of
(D) International Red Cross Society
47. Who is leading in the Republican primaries to contest the American Presidential election scheduled in November 2012?
(A) Sara Palin
(B) Newt Gingrich
(C) Rick Santorum
(D) Mitt Romney
48. Supreme Court recently declared ‘Salva Judum’ unconstitutional. What is ‘Salva Judam’?
(A) A terrorist outfit
(B) An armed civilian group formed to combat Maoists
(C) A money-chain business
(D) Custom of killing a girl for inter-caste marriage in the name of honour
49. As per the Indian Union Budget of 2012-13, the income-tax exemption limit for persons below 65 years of age is
(A) Rs. 175000
(B) Rs. 200000
(C) Rs. 250000
50. The U. N. Climate Change Conference 2011 was held in
(A) New Delhi