(Paper) Previous Year Question Paper (BA LLB) - 2015
Section - II : General Knowledge and Current Affairs
1. Recently, which country became the first member country to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to submit its action plan to intended nationally Determined Contribution (INDC)?
2. Who among the following is India’s first chief of Cyber Security?
(a) B.J. Srinath
(c) A.S. Kamble
(d) Amardeep S. Chawla
3. Project Varsha, India’s new naval base under construction is near which of the following cities?
4. Which of the following is Direct Tax?
(a) Excise Duty
(b) Sales Tax
(c) Income Tax
(d) None of the above
5. Who among the following 18th century Indian rulers has been called ‘Plato of his tribe?
(a) Sawai Jai Singh
(b) Badam Singh
(c) Suraj Mal
(d) Guru Govind Singh
6. Which one of the following Railway zones and te corresponding Head quarter pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) North Eastern Railway. Gorakhpur
(b) South Eastern Railway. Bhabneswar
(c) Eastern Railway. Kolkata
(d) South East Central Railway: Bilaspur
7. A Snickometer is associated with which sports?
8. Young Indian shutter K. Srikanth on 15 March 2015 won which of the following major badminton championship?
(a) China Grand Prix Gold
(b) Australian Prix Gold
(c) Swiss Grand Prix Gold
(d) Indonesian Grand Prix Gold
9. IRCTC has recently launched a new service called ‘Rupay Prepaid Cards’ which will enable passengers to book their tickets, do shopping and pay services bills online. This service was launched in collaborate on with which bank?
(a) Union Bank of India
(b) State Bank of India
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) BharatiyaMahila Bank
10. President Pranab Mukherjee on 6 January 2015 singed the ordinance to amend Citizenship Act, 1955. Which of the statements in this regards is/ are right?
I. The ordinance exempts persons of Indian Origin (PIO) from appearing before the local police station on every visit.
II. It replace the clause that say foreigners marrying Indians Must continuously stay in the country for a period of six month before they get and Indian citizenship.
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor II
11. Name the Indian Industrialist on whose 175th birth anniversary, Union government launched the commemorative stamp on 6 January 2015?
(a) G D Birla
(b) T.V. Sundaram Lyengar
(c) Kasturbhai Lalbhai
(d) Jamsed Ji Nusserwanji Tata
12. Who among the following was the author of Rajatarangini, commonly regarded as the first genunine history of India written by an Indian?
13. Which is the single policy rate to unambiguously singal the stance of monetary policy as recently recommended by RBI?
14. Which one of the following is essentially a solo dance nowadays performed in group as well?
15. Which among the following is the world’s largest e-commerce company?
16. Name the renowned Indian ecologist who has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 Tyler prize of Environment Achievement on 23 March 2015?
(a) MS Swaminathan
(b) Kasthuri Rangan
(c) Jayaram Ramesh
(d) Madhav Gadgil
17. Name the golfer who won the Indian open title on 22 February 2015.
(a) SSP Chowrasia
(b) Anirban Lahiri
(c) Siddikur Rahman
(d) Daniel Chopra
18. Prime Minister Modi has launched the “Give it Up” campaign for voluntarily giving up…
(a) Use of tobacco Products
(b) LPG subsidy
(c) Use of incandescent bulbs
(d) Use of plastics
19. Attukal Pongal festival, which is figured is Guinness book of world records is celebrated in…….
(a) Tamil Nadu
20. Which of the following is the oldest share market in India?
21. The National Industrial Corridor (NIC) that was proposed to be established in the Union Budget of 2014-15, will have its headquarters at which city?
22. What is the name given to the dedicated TV channel for farmers that was announced in the Union Budget for 2014-15 and Rs. 100 crore was set aside for its establishment?
(b) Farmers Show
(c) Krishi Channel
(d) None of the above
23. Which South East Asian country has recently banned surrogacy service to end its flourishing rent a-womb industry?
24. Which of the following Acts formally introduced the principle of election for the first time?
(a) The Indian Councils Act, 1909
(b) Government of India Act, 1919
(c) The Government of India Act, 1935
(d) India’s Independence Act, 1947
25. Greece and Turkey are working to resolve their dispute over sovereignty and related rights in the area of which sea?
(a) Black Sea
(b) Sea of Marma
(c) Aegean Sea
(d) Mediterranean Sea
26. The name of new Andhra Pradesh Capita is likely to be…..
(c) Krishna Nagar
27. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly marched?
(a) Kunal Bahal & Rohit Bansal-Snapdeal
(b) Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal-Red Bus
(c) Deepinder Goyal & Pankaj Chadda-Zomato
(d) Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati-Ola Cab
28. Which city has become India’s first fully Wi-fi enabled metro city on 5 February 2015?
29. The recently announced Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana aims to boost……?
(a) Organic Farming
(b) Drip Irrigation
(c) Horticulture Crops
(d) Vegetable Production
30. What is the correct sequence of the following movement in chronological order?
1. Civil Disobedience Movement
2. Khilafat Movement
3. Home Rule Movement
4. Quit India Movement
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 4, 3, 2, 1
(c) 3, 2, 1, 4
(d) 2, 4, 1, 3
31. The “Ease of doing Business Index” is prepared and published by……
(a) World Trade Organization
(b) World Bank Group
(c) United Nations
(d) European Union
32. Which committee was constituted by RBI to review governance of boards in india?
(a) P J Nayak Committee
(b) H R Khan Committee
(c) Harsh Vardhan Committee
(d) K Subramaniam Committee
33. Recently in which country did Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar System (CSRS) being set up by India?
(c) Sri Lanka
34. The “Friends for life” _ an elephant conservation project has been launched by world wide fund for nature India and……
(a) Aditya Birla Group
(b) Muthoot Group
(c) Manapuram Gruop
(d) Reilance Ltd.
35. In February 2015, which Indian Cricket legend has been inducted into the ICC hall of Fame?
(a) Rahul Dravid
(b) Anil Kumble
(c) Sachin Tendulkar
(d) Mohd. Azharuddin
36. Lysosomes, which are known as suicide bags, are produced by which organelle?
(b) Golgi body
37. Which state is to host the 36th National Games in 2016?
(c) Tamil Nadu
38. Which space agency has successfully launched the world’s first all-electric satellites in march-2015?
(a) Russia Federal Space Agency
(b) China National Space Administration
(d) European Space Agency
39. How much Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in country’s defense sector was proposed in the Union Budget 2014-15 presented on 10 July-2014?
40. The winner of 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix is……….?
(a) Sebstian Vettel
(b) Kimi Raikkonen
(c) Lewis Hamilton
(d) Jenson Button
41. Bhalachandra Nemade who has been selected for the 50th Jnanpith award for 2014, on 6 February 2015, is a famous writer in which language?
42. The ISRO has develop a “Flood hazard Atls” by mapping flood prone and vulnerable areas in which state?
43. Match list I with list II and select the best option using the code given below the list:
List-I (Organization/Centres) List-II (Locations)
A. High Altitude Warfare Centre 1. Chennai
B. Indian Air core Training Centre 2. Gulmarg
C. National Defence College 3. New Delhi
D. Institute of National Integration 4. Pune
(b) A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4
(c) A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3
(d) A-2, B-1, C-4, D-3
44. Indian Space Research Organization was recently conferred ‘Space Pioneer Award’ by the National Space Society (NSS) of which country over the historic feat on successfully sending an orbit to Martian at mosphere in its very first attempt?
(b) European Union
45. Name India’s Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air-to-Air Missile which was successfully test fired on 19 March 2015 from a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft?
46. Garuda Shakti III is the military exercise between India and which country?
47. Which of the following is incorrect option?
(a) Within the Arctic and Antarctic Circles there is at least one day in the year during which the sun does not set and at least day on which it never rises.
(b) At the North Pole there is darkness for half the year.
(c) At the summer solstice, the sun shines vertically over the Tropic of Capricorn.
(d) The sun shines vertically over the Equator twice in the year.
48. Which one of the following are the online grievances monitoring portals launched by union government for Indians living abroad?
49. The Ufa city, where annual BRICS summit-2015 is scheduled to be held is in which country?
(c) South Africa
50. The protein CA-125 (Cancer Antigen-125) is used as biomarker for detection of which type of cancer?
(a) Ovarian Cancer
(b) Bone Cancer
(c) Lung Cancer
(d) Oral Cancer
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (c) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (a) 11. (d) 12. (d) 13. (b) 14. (d) 15. (a) 16. (d) 17. (b) 18. (b) 19. (b) 20. (a) 21. (a) 22. (a) 23 (c). 24. (a) 25. (c) 26. (a) 27. (b) 28. (b) 29. (a) 30. (c) 31. (b) 32. (a) 33. (d) 34. (b) 35. (b) 36. (b) 37. (b) 38. (c) 39. (b) 40. (a) 41. (a) 42. (c) 43. (a) 44. (d) 45. (a) 46. (c) 47. (c) 48. (a) 49. (b) 50. (a)