(Paper) Previous Year Question Paper (BA LLB) - 2019
Section - II : General Knowledge and Current Affairs
41. The Chief Central Information Commissioner at present is:
(A) Sudhir Bhargava
(B) R.K. Mathur
(C) Sridhar Acharyulu
42. India has recently set up the latest ISRO‘s Satellite Tracking and Data Reception Centre in:
(B) Sri Lanka
43. The number of complaints with the Banking Ombudsman registered during 2018 increased by:
44. Which of the following formally quit from UNESCO recently?
45. The maximum punishment for a cyber-stalker imposed by an anti-terrorism court in Pakistan is:
(A) 5 years
(B) 14 years
(C) 10 years
(D) 24 years
46. In a major relief to micro, small and medium enterprises, the GST Council has recently increased the tax exemption limit per annum to:
(A) 20 lakhs
(B) 30 lakhs
(C) 40 lakhs
(D) 60 lakhs
47. Which of the following fruits got the Geographical Indication during October 2018?
(A) Shahi Litchi
(B) Laxman Bhog Mango
(C) Sirumalai Hill Banana
(D) Mahabaleshwar Strawberry
48. The richest person in the world as per the details revealed in March 2019 is:
(A) Bill Gates
(B) Jeff Bezos
(C) Amancio Ortega
(D) Bernard Arnault
49. The number of EB – 5 visa applications, also known as =cash for Green Card‘ visa to the U.S has increased in the last two years by about:
50. India purchased surveillance aircrafts (AWACS) during 2016 from:
51. The fastest train in India is:
(A) Gatiman Express
(B) Shatabdi Express
(C) Vande Bharat
(D) Rajdhani Express
52. The first humanoid police robot was introduced in the State of:
53. The world‘s first Diesel to Electric locomotive twin engine of 10,000 horse power was flagged off in:
(D) South Korea
54. The Headquarters of International Solar Alliance consisting of more than 121 countries is located in:
(B) South Africa
55. The prestigious Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 was conferred on:
(A) Kofi Annan
(B) Angela Merkel
(C) Narendra Modi
56. Which of the following countries during 2019 provided life time personal tax exemption to women with four children?
57. In the 64th Film Fare Award, who won the best actress award?
(A) Katrina Kapoor
(B) Priyanka Chopra
(C) Deepika Padukone
D) Alia Bhatt
58. Recently, the Government of India relaxed the Angel Tax Norms for Start-ups and enhanced the investment limit to:
(A) Rs. 25 Crore
(B) Rs. 20 Crore
(C) Rs. 15 Crore
(D) Rs. 30 Crore
59. India‘s first Chairperson of Lokpal is:
(A) Justice Dipak Mishra
(B) Justice Dilip Bhosale
(C) Justice P.C. Ghose
(D) Justice Thakur
60. In how many phases the 17th Lok Sabha elections were held in 2019?
61. How many States went to polls along with the 2019 Lok Sabha elections?
62. The National Common Mobility Card (NCMC), launched by the Central Government recently is also dubbed as:
(A) One Nation One Card
(B) Citizenship Card
(C) Aadhar Card
(D) Shopping Card
63. Which of the following cities bagged the Cleanest City Award for three consecutive years?
64. Who is known as the =Father of Local Government in India‘?
(A) Lord Curzon
(B) Lord Mayo
(C) Lord Wellesley
(D) Lord Ripon
65. Under which of the following missions, India has successfully tested its first-ever Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) Missile capability?
(A) Mission Shakti
(B) Mission Agni
(C) Mission Raftar
(D) Mission Sahas
66. Which Indian personality is the recipient of the Oxford University's Bodley Medal 2019?
(A) Raghuram Rajan
(B) Amartya Sen
(C) Manmohan Singh
(D) Shashi Tharoor
67. What is the name of the book containing English translation of the 100 year old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
(A) Drummer Hodge
(B) Poems of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre
(C) Poems about war
(D) Khooni Vaisakhi
68. Which country has released a special stamp on Hindu epic Ramayana to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic ties with India?
(C) Sri Lanka
69. Which day is observed as International Mother Earth Day?
(A) April 20
(B) April 21
(C) April 23
(D) April 22
70. Which state‘s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) received Geographical Indications (GI) tag recently?
(D) Tamil Nadu
71. Which country‘s Navy department has signed first reliable communication link with the Indian Navy and Pacific Naval Commands under the COMCASA pact?
(A) Sri Lanka
72. Name the script writer, who won the Deenanath Mangeshkar Lifetime Award 2019 recently.
(A) Javed Akhtar
(B) Vishal Bhardwaj
(C) Anurag Kashyap
(D) Salim Khan
73. Which space agency has recorded the first ?marsquake,? quake on the mars due to volcanic eruptions or land tides?
(A) JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)
(B) NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
(C) ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
(D) Chines Space Agency
74. Name the third edition of bilateral maritime exercise between Australia and India that was held in Visakhapatnam.
(A) Vajra Prahar
(B) Cobra Gold
(C) Ausindex 19
(D) Ausind 19
75. Holkhomang Haokip, who passed away recently, was a ____________?
(C) Football player
76. Name the Howitzers guns inducted into Indian Army recently.
(C) M102 howitzer
(D) BL 9.2-inch howitzer
77. Who was the first Indian President to visit Croatia?
(A) Abdul Kalam
(B) Pratibha Patil
(C) Pranab Mukherjee
(D) Ram Nath Kovind
78. Which Island was notified as Island Protection Zone (IPZ) 2019 by Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change recently?
(A) Andaman and Nicobar Island
(B) Kurumgad Island
(C) Khanderi Island
(D) Worli Island
79. Name the organization, which released the report on food crises titled =Global Report on Food Crises‘ annually.
(A) International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
(B) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
(C) Food Corporation of India (FCI)
(D) Food Security Information Network (FSIN)
80. Which is the happiest country as per the 2019 World Happiness Index?
81. The Headquarters of Asian Development Bank is situated in
(A) Manila, Philippines
(B) Jakarta, Indonesia
(C) Colombo, Sri Lanka
(D) Honoi, Vietnam
82. The =Golden Peacock‘ Award is given for excellence in
(A) Corporate Social Responsibility
(B) Energy Savings
(D) Corporate Governance
83. Which planet is known as Red Planet?
84. What is Psephology?
(A) Statistical study of elections, voting, etc.
(B) Study of rainfall pattern
(C) Study of gene disorder
(D) Study of female prisoners
85. The Global Teacher Award, 2019 was awarded to a teacher in:
(A) South Korea
86. Which state in India is the first State to achieve 100 percent sanitation coverage?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
87. The book titled =God Save the Honourable Supreme Court‘ was authored by:
(A) Soli Sorabjee
(B) Fali S. Nariman
(C) K.K. Venugopal
(D) Justice Katju
88. The book titled =Anita Gets Bail‘ was authored by:
(A) Amitab Ghosh
(B) Kiran Bedi
(C) Indira Jaisingh
(D) Arun Shourie
89. The first Indian Athlete to qualify for Olympics 2020 is:
(A) K.T. Irfan
(B) Jinson Johnson
(C) Tintu Lukka
(D) Sunita Rani
90. The South Asian nation that has won the SAFF Women‘s Championship for five times successively is:
(C) Sri Lanka
1. (a), 2. (c), 3. (d), 4. (a), 5. (d), 6. (c), 7. (a), 8. (b), 9. (c), 10. (d), 11. (c), 12. (d), 13. (c), 14. (a), 15. (c), 16. (b), 17. (d), 18. (a), 19. (c), 20. (b), 21. (a), 22. (a), 23. (d), 24. (d), 25. (a), 26. (b), 27. (d), 28. (a), 29. (d), 30. (a), 31. (d), 32. (d), 33. (b), 34. (c), 35. (d), 36. (a), 37. (d), 38. (a), 39. (d), 40. (a), 41. (a), 42. (d), 43. (c), 44. (a), 45. (d), 46. (c), 47. (b), 48. (d), 49. (a), 50. (b)