NTSE Sample Questions 2016-17 : Odisha MAT (Stage-1)
Directions (1-4): Find out the alternative which will replace the question (?) mark.
1. REASON : SFBTPO :: THINK : ?
(A) SGHMJ (B) UIJOL (C)UHNKI (D) UJKPM
2. ACFJ : ZXUQ :: EGIN : ?
(A)VUSQ (B)UTRP (C)VRPM (D)VTRM
3. corden : zrogbq :: ? : pxivro
(A) mulmul (B) sulsul (C) munmun (D) srspql
4. Which number replaces the question mark?
(A) 8 (B) 12 (C) 10 (D) 14
Directions (5-6): Find out the wrong number in the given series.
(A) 634 (B) 611 (C) 605 (D) 600
(A) 8 (B) 18 (C) 57 (D) 228
7. At 3.40 AM, the hour hand and the minute hand of a clock form an angle of
(A) 1200 (B) 1250 (C) 1350 (D) 1300
8. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will definitely be divisible by:
(A) 3 (B) 5 (C) 9 (D) 11
9. if A = x% of y and B = y% of x, then which of the following is true?
(A) A=B (B) A < B (C) A > B (D) None of these
10. Look at the sequence of symbols to find the pattern. Select correct pattern at the (?) mark.
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4
Directions (11-13): Complete the series.
(A) eifgi (B) figie (C) ifgie (D) ifige
(A) O,P (B) P,Q (C) R,R (D) S,R
(A) 4467 (B) 4718 (C) 4856 (D) 5164
Directions (14-16): A,B,C,D,E,F and G are sitting in a row facing North. F is to the immediate right of E. E is 4th to the right of G. C is the neighbor of B and D. Person who is third to the left of D is at one of the ends.
14. Who are to the left of C?
(A) Only B (B) G, B and D (C) G and B (D) D,E,F and A
15. Who are the neighbors of B?
(A) C and G (B) C and G (C) G and F (D) C and E
16. Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) E is to the immediate left of D
(B) A is at one of the ends
(C) G is to the immediate left of B
(D) F is second to the right of D
Directions (17-18): You are given alphabets from A to Z. Find out which of the letter series follows the given rule.
17. Rule: The letters are not according to a general rule.
(A) CEGIKM (B) MORTVX (C) PRTVXZ (D) ACEGIK
18. Rule: Number of letters skipped in between adjacent letter in the series is odd.
(A) EIMQV (B) FIMRX (C) BDHLR (D) MPRUX
Directions (19-20):In the following diagram rectangle represents men,triangle represents educated, circle represents urban and square represents government employees.
19. Which one of the following number represents the educated men but not urban?
(A) 9 (B) 5 (C) 4 (D) 11
20. Which one of the following represents women who are urban as well as government employee?
(A) 7 (B) 13 (C) 10 (D) 6