NTSE Sample Questions 2016-17 : Punjab MAT And SAT (Stage-1)
Directions (Q.1-6): There is a number series following a Pattern. One place is left blank. Find the correct answer from the options.
1. 42, 48, 60, 66, 78 __________
(A) 68 (B) 93 (C) 101 (D) 104
3. 15, 31, 64, 131, ?
(A) 266 (B) 256 (C) 192 (D) 524
4. In a certain code language “HEALTH” is written as GSKZDG, then how will “North” be written in that code?
(A) OPSUI (B) GSQNM (C) FRPML (D) IUSPO
5. In a certain code language if ‘SIR’ is written as ‘PSPIPR then ‘MAN’ can be written as
(A) PMANP (B) PMPAPN (C) MANP (D) MPANP
6. Arrange the following words according to dictionary arrangement
(A) Eagle (B) Earth
(C) Eager (D) Early (E) Each
(1) a, e, b, d, c (2) b, a, d, c, e
(3) b, c, e, d, a (4) e, c, a, d, b
Directions (Q.7-8): The letters given below follow a definite pattern. Find out the missing letters to complete the pattern.
7. ba _ cb _ b_ bab _
(A) ca bb (B) ac bb (C) bc aa (D) ba cc
8. ab _ _ baa _ _ ab _
(A) baabb (B) aabab (C) aaaaa (D) aabaa
9. Select the combination of numbers so that the letters arranged accordingly will form a meaningful word
D I F E R N
1 2 3 4 5 6
(A) 1, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5 (B) 6, 4, 3, 5, 2, 1 (C) 3, 5, 2, 4, 6, 1 (D) 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 1
Direction : In the question (Q.10-11) : some symbols have been given different meanings Read them Properly and answer the questions with accurate options.
÷ means >
- means =
= means <
Δ means +
< means x
> means -
12. Some students are sitting in row. B is sitting on the extreme left of the row, K is sitting between V and R, V is sitting next to M, M is sitting next to B and Q is sitting next to R,who are sitting adjacent to V?
(A) Q and K (B) R and Q (C) M and K (D) K and R