NTSE Sample Questions 2016-17 : Rajasthan Language (Stage-1)
Direction for Question No. 1 - 5 : Read the passage and answer the questions based on it.
I have three visions for India. In 3000 'years of our history people -frorn all. over the world have come and invaded us, captured our lands, conquered' our minds. From Alexander onwards the Greeks, the' Turks, the . Moguls, the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Dutch, all of them came and looted us,took over what was ours. Yet we have not done this to any other nation. We have' not conquered anyo~e .. We have not grabbed their land, their culture and their history and tried to enforce our way of life on them. Why? Because we respet the freedom of others. That is why my FIRST VISION is that of FREEDOM. I believe that India got its .first vision of this in 1857, when we started the Wat of Independence. It is this freedom that we must protect and nurture and build on.If we are not free, no one will respect us. .
We have 10 per cent growth in most areas. Our poverty levels are falling. Our achievements are being globally recognised today. Yet we lack the self confidence to see ourselves as a developed nation, self-reliant and self assured. Isn't. this incorrect? MY SECOND VISION for India is DEVELOPMENT. For fifty years we have been a. developing nation. It is time we see ourselves as a developed nation. We are among top five nations in' the world in terms of GDP. I have THIRD VISION India must stand up to the world. Because I believe that unless India stands up to the world, no one will-respect us. Only strength respects strength: We must be strong not only as a military power but also as an economic power.
1'. 'In 3000 year~ manycountries invaded India. What damage did they do to us?
(1) They gave India freedom
(2) They worked for India's development
(3) They looted us, took over what was ours .
(4) They helped us' to be strong and powerful.
2.. Why we ( India) have not conquered any nation ? Not grabbed their land and culture?
(1).. Because we were a weak nation
(2) Because we respect the freedom of others
(3) Because we did not respect the freedom of others
(4). Because we were a 'greedy nation.
3. The author's first vision is that of freedom. What kind of freedom is it ?
(1) It is to live and enjoy freely
(2) It is to grab others' land
(3) It is the freedom that we must protect and nurture and build on
(4) It is to enforce our way of life.
4. What is the second vision of the author?
(1) His second vision is Independence
(2) His second vision is to respect others
(3) His second vision is to' take overon others
(4) His second vision for India is Development.
5. According to the author what should we do to stand up to the world?
(I) We must be strong as military and economic powers
(2) We must invade others' lands and conquer their minds'
(3) We must respect the strength of others
(4) We must work with great minds. Choose the correct options to fin in the blanks;
6. Mayank always .................................. newspaper in the morning.
(1) read (2) reads
(3) was reading (4) is reading.
7. Listen! Someone ................ at the door:
(1) is knocking (2) are knocking
(3) knocks (4) knocked.
8. Kezia's father ................... home just now.
(1) come (2) came
(3) "has 'come (4) had come.
9. First prize .................... ' by Wanda last year.
(1) were won (2) was won
(3) are won (4) IS won.
10. A Poem ................. by Roshani now.
(1) is being recited (2) was being recited
(3) will be recited (4) are being recited.
11. NationalAnthem ................. everyday in the prayer assembly.
(1) will be sung (2) is sung
(3) sang (4) is smging.
12. Prizes ........................... by the chief guest in the annual function next week.
( 1) give away
(2) has been given away
(3) will be given away
(4) was given away,
15. Anjana said to her father, '1 want to buy a-new dress." Anjana told her father that ................. to buy a new dress.
(1) he wanted. (2) she was wanted .
(3) she wanted (4) she wants.
16. _There are clouds in the sky. It....................... rain today.
(1) should (2) may.
. (3) cuuld (4) will
17. ............... you lend me one thousand rupees?
(1) Must (2) May
(3) Would (4) . Might.
18'. Father warns his children: It's poison, you .............. touch it.
(1) - needn't (2) couldn't
(3) 'can't (4) mustn't.
19. Jaiprakash as well as his colleagues ................. determined to achieve the goal this year.
(1) am (2) are
(3) is (4) were.
20. The poet and playwright .
(1) are dead (2) is dead
(3) are dying (4) were dead.