Encourage Children to Participate in Sports
WHY EVERY PARENT, TEACHER AND
COACH SHOULD ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO PARTICIPATE IN SPORTS
1. Sports are fun.
2. Participation in sports gives a child a higher level of self-esteem and a
more positive outlook on life.
3. Children who participate in sports experience lower levels of depression.
4. Children who participate in sports have more positive body image and
experience higher states of psychological well-being than those who do not play
5. It teaches child teamwork, goal-setting, and the pursuit for excellence.
6. Adults that were active in sports and recreational activities feel greater
confidence in their physical and social selves than those who were sedentary as
7. Sports help develop leadership skills.
8. Children learn how to deal with failures and how it feels to be successful.
9. Sports can teach us to take appropriate risks and to be aggressive when
10. Sports foster bonding friendships.
11. Children improve their skills.
Children who participate in sports perform routine physical activity that keeps
13. Regular physical activity among children reduces risk for obesity.
14. Children who exercise weigh less; have lower levels of blood sugar,
cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as lower blood pressure, than do
15. Weight-bearing exercise can help prevent osteoporosis.
16. Studies have shown that exercise reduces many health risks.
17. The children that take part in sports are less likely to get involved into
anti social activities.
18. Children who exercise report being happier, having more energy and feeling
they are in excellent health more often than non-exercising children. They also
miss fewer days of work.
19. Regular exercise improves the overall quality of life.
20. Children learn and understand the sport all while they are having FUN!!