Disclaimer: This website is not at associated with CBSE, For official website of CBSE visit - www.cbse.nic.in
CBSE Class-10 Syllabus 2018-19 (Painting)
Periods – 270
Hours – 03
Marks – 100
Learning outcomes/ objectives:
Students opt painting as additional subject are able to:
- Develop their aesthetic sense.
- Appreciate the beauty in lines, forms and colours.
- Understand the fundamentals of Visual Arts (Elements and Principles) ability to apply them to a specific aesthetic intent.
- Get the knowledge and skills in the use of basic tools, medium and techniques required to works from concept to finished product.
- Develop memory and observation power through the study/ exercise in still life and Painting composition.
- Develop their mental faculties for proper maintenance and arrangements of things in their Painting practical’s as well as in their life.
Painting from Memory
Simple composition in (water/paster/pastel) colours on given subjects based on sketching from life and nature. It may also be in abstract/ semi-abstract/ folk art forms.
i. Compositional arrangement with due emphasis on the subject-matter. 40 marks
ii. Treatment of media (colours) with appropriate colour scheme. 30 marks
iii. Creativity, originality and overall impression. 30 marks