CBSE Class-10 Exam 2018 : All India Scheme
Question Paper-Information and communication technology
Subject :Information and communication technology
Time allowed : 2.30 hours
Maximum Marks : 40
General Instructions :
- Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 16 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
1. Multiple choice questions : (5)
(a) A bit may contain _______ value.
(iii) Both 0 and 1
(iv) Either 0 or 1
(b) Main categories of software are
(i) System software
(ii) Application software
(iii) Security software
(iv) Both (i) and (ii)
(c) Pick odd one from the list given below.
(iii) Antivirus Software
(d) Which statement is correct about GIMP ?
(i) It is an open source software.
(ii) Money needs to be paid in order to buy its license.
(iii) Its source code is not available.
(iv) Only one type of images can be edited in GIMP.
(e) Which activity done over network may not come under Cyber Crime category ?
(i) Physical or mental harassment
(ii) Seeing friend’s profile without friend’s knowledge.
(iii) Intellectual property theft
(iv) Financial frauds
2. Mention any two attributes of <INPUT> tag. (1)
3. What is GPL ? (1)
4. Kavya, a student of class VI, has just completed her homework of creating a presentation on the topic “Save Earth” at her home PC. Suggest her any two ways through which she can bring her presentation to the school. (1)
5. Sangeeta, a class X student has just started learning about software and its main categories. She is little confused if utility software will come in system software or application software. Help her by clearing her confusion. Also help her by naming a commonly used text editor to create and edit text documents. (1)
6. Tanmay, a beginner in computer field, is not able to understand what all things would be covered under software copyright. Help him by mentioning the same. (1)