(Download) CBSE Class-10 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2020-21 :
(Painting Theory) (Code No. -049) Class X
Sample Question Paper (2020-21)
Time allowed: 2 hours Maximum Marks :30
Section : First
Instructions: Which of the following statements are correct.: 1x6
All questions are compulsory
a) 1. The secondary colours are red, yellow and green
2. The secondary colours are yellow, blue and red
3. The secondary colours are orange, violet and green
4. The secondary colours are green, orange and blue
b) 1. Darkness of colour is called Tone
2. Lightness of colour is called Tone
3. Darkness and lightness of colour is called Tone
4. Intensity of colour is called Tone
c) 1. Unity, harmony, balance and rhythm are principles of art
2. Unity, harmony, balance and Texture are principles of art
3. Unity, harmony, balance and Form are principles of art
4. Unity, harmony, balance and Space are principles of art
d) 1. A Pyramid has Three Sides
2. A Pyramid has Four Sides
3. A Pyramid has Five Sides
4. A Pyramid has Six Sides
e) 1. Brown Stands for ‘B’ in VIBGYOR
2. Beige stands for ‘B’ in VIBGYOR
3. Blue stands for ‘B’ in VIBGYOR
4. Black stands for ‘B’ in VIBGYOR
Section : Second 2x3
General Instructions : Answer any three of the following questions
a. Name any four materials of Painting and mention their merits?
b. Write down the colours in VIBGYOR?
c. Which types of pencils are used in drawing and shading?
d. What is the difference between the water colours and the poster colours?
Section : Third 3x2
General Instructions : It is compulsory to answer both questions.
a. In a still life, what are the elements and principles which needs to be taken care of?
b. Name any three surfaces for Paintings? Which surface would you prefer and why?
Section : Fourth 5x1
Answer any One Question:
a. On the basis of the Fundamentals of Painting, evaluate the world-renowned painting from Ajanta ‘Padmapani-Bodhisattava’ or the ‘Ashokan Lion Capital’ from Mauryan Period ?
b. Mention the names of any four ‘Elements’ and any four ‘Principles’ of Painting?
Section : Fifth 7x1
1. Write a short essay on any one of the following:
Ashokan Lion Capital