Disclaimer: This website is not at associated with CBSE, For official website of CBSE visit - www.cbse.nic.in
CBSE Class-11 Syllabus 2019-20 (Computer Science)
1. Ability to understand basic computational thinking.
2. Ability to understandthe notion of data types, data structures.
3. Ability to appreciate the notion of an algorithm, and understand its structure,including how algorithms handle corner cases.
4. Ability to develop a basic understanding of computer systems - architecture,
OS, mobile and cloud computing.
5. Ability to learn basic SQL programming.
6. Ability to learn all about cyber safety.
Distribution of Marks and Periods:
Computer Systems and Organisation
Computational Thinking andProgramming
Society, Law and Ethics - 1
Unit 1: Computer Systems and Organisation
Basic computer organisation: description of a computer system and mobile system, CPU, memory, hard disk, I/O, battery.
Types of software: application, System, utility.
Memory Units: bit, byte, MB, GB, TB, and PB.
Boolean logic: OR, AND, NAND, NOR, XOR, NOT, truth tables, De Morgan’s laws
Information representation: numbers in base 2, 8, 16, binary addition