CBSE Class-11 Syllabus 2019-20 (Home Science)
The purpose of Home science is the creation of an environment and outlook to enable learner to live a richer and more purposeful life. The subject integrates the application of various sciences and humanities to improve human environment, family nutrition, management of resources and child development.
The Home Science curriculum at senior secondary level has been framed to enable the learners to:
1. Develop an understanding of the self in relation to family and society.
2. Understand one’s role and responsibilities as a productive individual and as a member of one’s family, community and society.
3. Integrate learning across diverse domains and form linkages with other academic subjects.
4. Develop sensitivity and undertake a critical analysis of issues and concerns of equity and diversity.
5. Appreciate the discipline of Home Science (HEFS) for professional careers.
6. Acquaint learners with the basics of human development with specific reference to self and child.
7. Develop skills of judicious management of various resources.
8. Enable learners to become alert and aware consumers.
9. Impart Knowledge of nutrition and lifestyles to enable prevention and management of diseases.
10. Inculcate healthy food habits.
11. Develop understanding of textiles for selection and care of clothes.
||No of Period
||Understanding oneself: Adolescence
||Understanding Family, Community and Society
Unit I: Understanding oneself: Adolescence
Ch- 1 Understanding the self 22(4+6+6+6) Marks
A. ‘Who am I’? 4 Marks
B. Development and Characteristics of the self
C. Influences on identity
- Biological and physical changes
- Socio-cultural contexts
- Emotional changes
- Cognitive changes
Ch-2 Food, nutrition, health and fitness 6 Marks
- Balanced Diet
- Food Groups
- Diet for Adolescent
- Factors influencing eating behaviours, Eating disorders.
Ch-3 Management of resources - time, money, energy and space- 6 Marks
- Human and Non-human Resources
- Managing Resources
Ch-4 Fabric around us- 6 Marks
- Yarn Processing
- Fabric Production
- Textile Finishing
- Properties of Fibres