CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Delhi Scheme
Question Paper, Painting
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Painting
1. Appreciate any of the following miniature-paintings included in your course of study duly based on its
(a) Name of the painter/sub-school,
(b) Medium & technique,
(c) Subject-matter and
(d) Composition :
(1) Radha (Bani-Thani) (Rajasthani School)
(2) Bharat Worshipping Charan-Padukas of Rama (Pahari School)
2. Which one do you like or dislike most among all the Mughal or Deccani miniaturepaintings included in your course of study ? Give your appropriate reasons in detail in the light of the capabilities of its artist in handling the medium & technique, depiction of the subject-matter and the way of composition.
3. Identify any relevant painting of the Bengal School included in your course of study comprising of the following features and explain them in that painting accordingly :
(a) The creation of mystic and mellow style by using gloomy colouring with diffused light background and absence of any dark line or tone, which provide
the experience of the astral-world.
(b) The delineation of attenuated human figures with extra elongated limbs and tapering fingers, which reflect the influence of the Rajasthani, Pahari and
Mughal miniatures. Hence emphasis on the European realism is terminated.
4. Which human life-values are shown in any of the following art-works of the contemporary (modern) Indian Art ? Explain in short :
(1) Mother Teresa (a painting)
(2) Of Walls (a graphic-print)
(3) Triumph of Labour (a sculpture)
5. How far has its artist been successful in depicting the subject-matter of any of the following miniature-paintings ? Give appropriate reasons on the basis of the aestheticparameters:
(1) Krishna on Swing (Rajasthani School)
(2) Cosmic Dance of Shiva (Pahari School)