1.What is meant by ‘Shock Therapy’ ?
2. Why was ASEAN established ?
3. How far are the visa policies of developed countries justified with respect to the movement of people ?
4. What does modernisation mean to the developing and underdeveloped countries ?
5. How far was the Government of India justified in passing the ‘Muslim Women Act, 1986’ that nullified the Supreme Court’s judgement in favour of Shah Bano ?
6. Mention the two ideologies which were involved in a major conflict during the Cold War era.
7.Why did the people of two provinces of British India not know at all, even on the day of independence in 1947, whether they were a part of India or
Pakistan ? Also, mention the names of the provinces.
8. Match the personalities given below in column ‘A’ with the statements/facts given in column ‘B’ to make them meaningful :
Column ‘A’ Column ‘B’
(a) K. Kamaraj (i) First Prime Minister belonging to a non-Congress Party
(b) V.V. Giri (ii) Introduced Mid-Day Meal Scheme in schools
(c) Karpoori Thakur (iii) Contested and won Presidential election as an independent candidate
(d) Morarji Desai (iv) Strong opponent of the use of English language
9. How far do you agree that the plural and secular culture of Jammu and Kashmir is still largely intact ?
10. Give any two examples to prove that the constitutional framework in India is very flexible and accommodative.