Question Papers For Board Examinations 2018
Class – XII
Subject – Printed Textile
Subject : Printed Textile
Class : XII
Year : 2018
General Instructions :
(i) Attempt all sections.
(ii) Illustrate your answers, wherever possible.
1. Fill in the blanks :
(i) _________ fiber was used by ancient Egyptian cultures around 5000 BC for producing fabric.
(ii) Indian hand printed cottons known as _________ were exported to Europe in the late 16th century.
(iii) Industrial _________ printing was developed in 1785 in England.
(iv) Floral prints have been used a lot by designers like _________ in their collections.
(v) Patchwork prints are also known as _________ cloth.
(vi) _________ prints are appropriate for kidswear.
(vii) Printing is done on both sides of the fabric in _________ printing method.
(viii) _________ method of printing is not suitable for large scale production.
Write very short answers :
2. When and where was the Pop Art Movement introduced ? What were its chief characteristics ?
3. Give two differences between Art Deco and Art Nouveau movements of design.
4. What are the motifs used and products made with Oriental prints ?
5. Write a brief note on Motif prints or Dot prints.
6. List two advantages of Digital printing.