CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : Painting
(HISTORY OF INDIAN ART)
Time allowed : 2 hours
Maximum Marks : 40
General Instructions :
(i) All the eight questions are compulsory, which carry equal marks.
(ii) Answers be written for question nos. 1 and 2 in about 200 words each and for question nos. 3, 4 and 5 in about 100 words each. Question nos. 6, 7 and 8 are objective type.
1. Which one do you like or dislike most among all the paintings of the Bengal School included in your course of study ? Give your appropriate reasons in detail in the light of the capabilities of its painter in handling the medium & technique, depiction of the subject-matter and his way of composition.
2. Appreciate any of the following contemporary (Modern) Indian paintings duly based on its
(a) Name of the painter,
(b) Medium & technique,
(c) Subject-matter and
(d) Composition :
(1) Mother Teresa
(2) Three Girls
3. Identify any relevant painting of the Rajasthani or Pahari School of Miniature painting included in your course of study comprising of the following features and explain them in that painting accordingly :
(a) In the paintings of the Rajasthani School, the glowing (brilliant) colours are used in deep harmonious contrast and these are applied flatty within definite outlines of forms, which strike most with their intensities.
(b) To replace the Nayak and Nayika in the Nayak & Nayika Bheda paintings of the Pahari School, Radha-Krishna are represented.
4. Which human life values are expressed in any of the following miniature paintings ?
Explain in short.
(1) Kabir and Raidas (Mughal School)
(2) Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya and Amir Khusro (Deccan School)
5.Evaluate the artistic achievements of any of the following painters of the Bengal School with reference to his particular painting included in your course of study :
(1) Abanindranath Tagore
(2) Mohd. Abdul Rehman Chughtai
6. Mention the name(s) of any three painters, a graphic-artist and a sculptor of the contemporary (modern) Indian Art included in your course of study.
7. Mention the name of painter of each of the following miniature-paintings included in
your course of study :
(a) Rajasthani School :
(1) Krishna on Swing (Bikaner Sub-school)
(2) Radha (Bani-Thani) (Kishangarh Sub-school)
(3) Bharat Meets Rama at Chitrakuta (Jaipur Sub-school)
(b) Pahari School :
(1) Krishna with Gopis (Basohli Sub-school)
(2) Nand, Yashoda and Krishna with Kinsmen Going to Vrindavana