(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper 2020-21:Biotechnology
Disclaimer: This website is not at associated with CBSE, For official website of CBSE visit - www.cbse.nic.in
(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper 2020-21 :Biotechnology
Sample Question Paper
Class XII (2020-21)
Biotechnology (045) Theory
Time: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 70
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) The question paper has four sections: Section A, Section B, Section C and
Section. There are 33 questions. All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Section A has 14 questions of 1 marks each and two case –based questions, Section B has 9 questions of 2 marks each, Section C has 5 questions of 3 marks each, and Section D has 3 questions of 5 marks each.
(iv) There is no overall choice. However, internal choices have been provided in few questions. A student has to attempt only one of the alternatives in such questions.
(v) Wherever necessary, neatly labeled diagrams should be drawn.
SECTION A 1. What is a shuttle vector? 1
2. Name the amino acids involved in the catalytic triad that regulates charge -relay system in the enzyme Chymotrypsin? 1
3. Specify one advantage of developing vectors based on M13. 1
4. On which chromosome in humans, is the genetic defect for the Huntington disease located? 1
5. Name the red algae from which agar is obtained. 1
6. What is RFLP? 1
7. What are nutraceutical proteins? 1
8. What is the disadvantage of using primary animal culture as compared to secondary culture? 1
9. Counting genes and predicting their presence have proved to be laden with inaccuracies. Give reasons. 1
10. Which technique is used to confirm the detection of Sickle cell anaemia? Who developed this technique? 1
11. (i) Assertion – Native enzyme subtilisin is easily inactivated by bleach
Reason- Site directed mutagenesis at codon position 222 to replace methionine with alanine is found best in terms of activity and stability
(a) Both Assertion and Reason are true and the reason is the correct 1