(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2019-20 : Business Studies
Sample Question paper
Time allowed: 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 80
1. Management is
(a). A Science
(b). An Art
(c). both science and art
2. The purchase, production and sales managers at Sharda Ltd, a firm manufacturing readymade garments are generally at a conflict, as they have their own objectives. Usually each thinks that only they are qualified to evaluate, judge and decide on any matter, according to their professional criteria. Name the concept which will be required by the CEO Mr. Raman, to reconcile the differences in approach, interest or opinion in the organisation.
3. Principles of management are NOT:
(a). Applicable only in large firms
(b). Formed by practice and experience of managers
4. ______________________ is considered a major element of the political environment:
(a). The extent and nature of government intervention in business;
(b). planned outlay in public and private sectors;
(c). Expectations from the work force;
(d). Administrative order issued by government authorities.
5. Name the step in the process of planning which is considered the “real point of decision making”.
6. ______________gives shape to the organisation structure.
(a) Extent of delegation
(b) Span of Management
(c) No of employees
7. Astra Builders has to deliver the flats to its buyers on time. Due to this there is a sudden rush of work. Therefore, the company needs to arrange workers to work at the sites at a short notice. The source of recruitment which may be used by the company to tap the casual vacancy is:
(a). Direct recruitment
(c). Recommendation of employees
(d). Employment Exchange.
8. SCT services CEO RajanGopinath’s compensation includes salary, commission and other allowances. The company also pays for his insurance and vacations. Identify one indirect payment being made by the company to the CEO.
(a).Employer paid Insurance
9. At Support.com, there is no reward or appreciation for a good suggestion. Thus, the subordinates are not willing to offer any useful suggestions to their superiors. Identify the type of barrier to communication that has been created in the firm due to this.
(a). Semantic barrier
(b). Personal barrier
(c). Organisational barrier
(d). Psychological barrier
10. M.R.Sarthi, the Ex-chairman of Swadesh Ltd, built up his successor before retiring. Following the norms set up by himself, he handed over the reins of the company to the co-founder Mr. Shravan, who had the potential to bring about change in the behaviour of others. Name the concept of management which was the reason why Mr. Sarthi chose Mr. Shravan to be his successor.
11. An important project at AMB consultants is running behind schedule by a month. This has upset their clients and might affect the reputation of the company in the long run. No managerial action like assigning more workers, equipment or giving overtime has been able to solve the problem. What managerial action may now be taken by the company to avoid such a situation from arising in the future?
(a) .Revise the schedule
(b). Assigning additional workers and equipment to the project;
(c). Get permission for further overtime work
(d). Both B&C.
12. A decision to acquire a new & modern plant to upgrade an old one is known as __________decision.
(a) Financing decision
(b) working capital decision
(c) Investment decision
(d) Dividend decision.