(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper 2015-16 : Carnatic Music
Carnatic Music (Vocal)
Code no.:031 (Theory)
Sample Question Paper 2016
Class – XII
Time allowed: 03 hours
Maximum Marks: 30
1) Answer any five of the following questions.
2) Question no. 1 & 2 are compulsory.
3) All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write in rotation the pallavi and anupallavi of a Kriti in Saveri or Purvikalyani.
2. Give lakshanas of any two ragas with suitable sancharas:
3. Give in detail the decorative angas found in the musical form Kriti. Illustrate your answer with examples.
4. Explain the accompanying concert instruments (one from melodic and another from Percussion) in detail.
5. Describe the various branches of Manodharma Sangeeta briefly.
6. Evaluate the contribution of either Patnam Subramanya Iyer or Gopala Krishna Bharati to Karnatak music.
7. Write short notes on any four of the following:
a) Vakra Ragas
b) Any five Gamakas
c) Dhatus of Prabandham
e) Varja Ragas