(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2019-20 : Dance (Manipuri)
Sample Question paper
Time allowed: 2 hours
Maximum Marks: 30
Attempt all questions
Each question carries equal marks and should be answered in maximum 150 words.
Please write down the serial number of the questions before attempting it.
1. Why is Lai Haraoba considered the most ancient dance form of Manipur? What is the significance of this festival and who are the performers?
Name any two tribal dance forms of Manipur and explain what you. know about them.
2. Write three names of most prominent dance Gurus of Manipuri dance (Jagoi) and write about their contribution to the dance form.
Write names of two well known Manipuri Sankirtan Gurus. What is their contribution to Manipuri Sankirtan?
3. Who wrote the Abhinaya Darpan and why is this book important for students of dance to study this book.
What are Nritta, Natya and Nritya? Explain and give example from Manipuri dance.
4. Explain the different Abhinayas Angikabhinaya, Vachikabhiyaya, Aharyabhinaya and Satwikabhinaya and give examples from Manipuri Dance.
What are the Bhangi Parengs. Name them and explain their importance in Manipuri dance?
5. What is the importance of Ras Leela in Manipuri dance tradition? Name three Ras Leelas and explain the theme of one of them.
What kind of dances are performed in Manipuri Sankirtana? Explain in detail about one of them.
6. Describe in detail the costume worn by Krishna in Manipuri Ras Leela.
Describe in detail the traditional costume and makeup of the male Manipuri Sankirtan artistes.