(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper 2019-20 : Electrical Appliances
Sample Question Paper 2019-20
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions:
1. Which among these is the application of universal motors?
2. What is the typical value of the capacitor used in ‘capacitor start capacitor run’ single phase induction motor?
(a) 5 μ F
(b) 40 μ F
(c) 300 μ F
(d) 1000 μ F
3. Which timer is used in fully automatic washing machines?
4. What is the first equipment placed in the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?
(d) Any ofthese
5. The heating element in an electric iron is usually made of
6. Which type of magnet is used in an electric bell?
7. Which of the following gas is mainly used inside an electric bulb?
(a) Carbon dioxidegas.
(c) Inert gas.
8. Type of single phase motor having highest power factor at full load is
(a) Shaded poletype
9. Which of the following motors is used in hair dryer?
(b) Shaded pole inductionmotor
(c) Split phase
(d) Cage inductionmotor
10. What type of dielectric material is used in capacitorsused for fans and for power factor correction?
(a) Oil impregnated paper
11. If field current is decreased in shunt dc motor, the speed of the motor
(c) Remains same
(d) None of theabove
12. What creates washing action in washing machine?