(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 : Hindustani Music
Vocal (Code No.034)Class – XII
Sample Question Paper(2017-18)
Time Allowed: 03 hours
Total Marks: 30
i. Attempt any five questions.
ii. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write the definitions of any three of the following:
Alankar, Meend, Gamak, Gram, Murchhana, Aalap, Tana.
2.Describe the ‘Time Theory of Ragas’ with special reference to modern period.
Write in detail the theory of ‘Classification of Ragas’ in Hindustani Music with special
reference to Ancient and Modern period.
3.Give a detailed account of ‘SangeetParijat’.
4.Describe in detail any two of the following Ragas:
5. Identify the Ragas from the given passages of swaras and elaborate each Raga upto 30 swaras:
i. Ga Ma Pa, Ga Ma Ga Re Sa
ii. Ma Pa Dha Ga, Ma Ga Re Sa
6. Write the notation of a Tarana in any one of the prescribed Ragas.
Write the notation of a DrutKhayal in any Night Raga of prescribed syllabus.
7. Describe any two of the following Talas with Thah and Dugun:
8. Give thelife sketch and contribution to music of any one of the following:
i. UstadFaiyaz Khan
ii. Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
iii. Pt. Krishna Rao Shankar Pandit