(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper (Philosophy)
Time: 3 hrs
Max Marks: 100
i. All questions are compulsory.
ii. Question no. 1- 14 are of 2 marks each. The answer to these questions should
not exceed 40 words each.
iii. Question no. 15- 28 are of 3 marks each. The answer to these questions
should not exceed 60 words each.
iv. Question no. 29- 33 are of 6 marks each. The answer to these questions
should not exceed 150 words each.
1. Define Jaina concept of Aparigraha.
2. State the meaning of cogito ergo sum.
3. What does Kant mean by Categorical Imperative?
4. State the Retributive theory of punishment.
5. Explain the meaning of Consequentialism.
6. What is the meaning of varna?
7. What do you understand by the first generation of Human Rights?
8. What is the Method of Doubt according to Descartes?
9. Explain Dharma as a purushartha.
10. What is virtue according to Aristotle?
11. What is Saptabhanginaya according to the Jaina philosophy?
12. Distinguish between pleasure and happiness.
13. Define the notion of Paramatma according to the Nyaya philosophy?
14. State the notion of Sakshi in the Bhagvadgita.
15. State the Problem of Evil.
16. Explain the Cosmological Argument.
17. State Mill’s Utilitarianism.
18. Throw light on the four Ashramas.
19. Explain the notion of Aikantika according to the Jaina philosophy.
20. State any two Nyaya proofs for the existence of God.
21. Explain the notion of Brahmavihara.
22. What is Syadvada?
23. State any three arguments against the Divine Command theory.
24. Examine the notion of Rta.
25. Briefly state Ambedkar’s critique of caste.
26. Examine the Buddhist notion of Pancasila.
27. Discuss the relevance of Vivekananda’s view on religious tolerance.
28. State three arguments against capital punishment.
29. Examine Kant’s ethics.
30. Discuss critically the Ontological Proof for the existence of God.
31. What do you understand by environmental degradation? Suggest some
measures for the protection of environment.
32. State the notion of gender equality. Examine, in this context, the notion
of women empowerment.
33. Examine Descartes’ Mind-Body Dualism.