(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper 2020-21 :Sociology
SAMPLE PAPER 2020-21
TIME: 3 HOURS M.M.: 80 MARKS
1. The question paper is divided into four sections.
2. There are 35 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
3. Section A includes question No. 1-16. These are objective type questions.
4. Section B includes question No. 17-25. These are very short answer type questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 30 words.
5. Section C includes question No. 26-32. These are short answer type questions carrying 4 marks each.
Answer to each question should not exceed 80 words. Question no. 26 and 27 are case based questions with 4 parts each carrying 1 mark, making the questions of 4 marks each.
6. Section D includes question No. 33-35. They are long answer type questions carrying 6 marks each.
Answer to each question should not exceed 200 words each. Question no 35 is to be answered with the help of the passage given.
1. Very few people who relax on their day off realise that this holiday is the outcome of a long struggle by workers.
That the work-day should not exceed eight hours, that men and women should be paid equally for doing the same work,
that workers are entitled to social security and pension, has not come about automatically.(KNOW)
have shaped the world we live in and continue to do so. 1
a) Social movements
c) public conference
2. An average work day has 10-12 hours and it is not uncommon for employees to stay overnight in the
office (known as a ‘night out’), when faced with a project deadline. Long working hours are central to 1
the industry’s ‘work culture’.
This phenomenon is referred to as in IT sector.(APP)
3. …Who are these women you give such names to? Whose womb did you take your birth in? Who carried
the killing burden of you for nine months? Who was the saint who made you the light in her eye, 1
wrote these lines.
4. A) The land reforms took away rights from the erstwhile claimants, the upper castes who were
in the sense that they played no part in the agricultural economy other than claiming their rent.(KNOW)
a) Tenants 1
b) Absentee landlords
c) Dominant caste
d) Political leaders
4. B) Mark the statement as true or false.
Indian independence in 1947 marked a big and complete break with the colonial past. 1
5. “The theory of Demographic Transition suggests that population growth is linked to overall levels of economic development and that every society follows a typical pattern of development related population growth.”
Choose the incorrect statement about Demographic Transition Theory. (CREATE) 1
a) The growth rate in phase I and phase II are high.
b) The growth rate in phase II is high due to low death rate.
c) The growth rate in phase I and phase III are low.