(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 : Theatre Studies
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2017-18
Max. Marks: 70
1. There are 24 questions in all.
2. All the questions are compulsory.
3. Question No. 1 to 5 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 15 words.
4. Question No. 6 to 10 are short answer questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 50 words.
5. Question No. 11 to 17 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 75 words.
6. Question No. 18 to 21 are short answer questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 100 words.
7. Question No. 22 to 24 are long answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 200 words
8 .Differences must be tabulated with proper basis for distinction.
1. What is the utility of ‘dimmers’? 1
2. Name the dramatist who created ‘The First Studio’ to develop a system for an actor training.1
3. ‘Person vs person’ is one of the three levels of conflicts that make a play more satisfying. What are the other two levels of conflict?1
4. At which stage, developmental reading is considered appropriate during the development of a play? 1
5. Why an active Extension Programme was added to the two wings of National School of Drama? 1
6. From where does ‘experimental theatre’ derive its energy and motivation? 2
7. The stage and the actor’s performances have experienced an uplift from what they were in the earlier days when compared to modern day theater. How has the theater experienced this upliftment?2
8. How has the National Cultural Exchange Programme (NCEP) of Zonal Cultural Centres been able to achieve its objectives of Unity within diversity in our country? 2
9. What do you mean by the term ‘Theatre of Roots’? 2
10. Aradhya, an under graduate in Fashion Studies has always been interested in researching about the period in which a play is based and then designing costumes to create real life experience on stage. She has talent, sensitivity and insight for the same. Identify and explain the area of theatre where she can utilize her talent. 2
11. Why is the selection of a good play critical for a director for the success of a worthwhile educational theater programme? 3
12. ‘Make up, though regarded as necessary but its vast possibilities for effectiveness is 3 generally under estimated.’ Comment.
13. ‘Stanislavsky ‘system’ is a systematic approach to train actors.’ i. What was the prime focus of Stanislavsky’s ‘system’? ii. Explain any two elements of his ‘system’. 3
14. ‘The Sangeet Natak Academi’ preserves and promotes the vast intangible heritage of India’s diverse culture expressed in the forms of music, dance and drama.’ Explain how? 3
15. Identify and explain the new ideology that explained the existence of human beings during World War 1 and World War II. 3
16. This institution was set up by ‘Sangeet Natak Academi’ as one of its constituent units in 1959. Since then this institution is treated as the foremost theatre training institute in the world and one of its own kind in India.
a) Identify the institution.
b) State any two functions of this institution. 3
17. State the importance of ‘The Meisner Technique’ as an approach to acting. 3
18. State the objective of lighting. Describe the three elements involved in lighting of the stage. 4
19. Elaborate any four elements of drama. 4
20. Describe the term ‘modernism’ and some innovative ideas and concepts that emerged in all branches of theatre in the late 19th and early 20th century. Give any two values that the dramatists of that time communicated.4
21. ‘Like a good outfit or clothing, a set has to be functional as well as beautiful.’ Cite any two characteristics of a good set. Also give two qualities of a creative set designer. 4
22. A playwright re-creates and re-states the human experiences and is a universal mirror of mankind. Explain the steps and procedures used by a playwright to create the text.6
23. ‘Every art contributes to the greatest of all arts, the art of living.’ Justify the statement with special reference to Brechtian Theory. 6
24. Write in detail about the life and works of any modern and western Playwright. 6