CBSE Class-9 Syllabus 2018-19 (Painting)
Code No.: 049
One Paper Periods – 270
Hours – 03
Marks – 100
Learning outcomes/ objectives:
Students opt painting as additional subject are able to:
- Develop their aesthetic sense.
- Appreciate the beauty in lines, forms and colours.
- Understand the fundamentals of Visual Arts (Elements and Principles) ability to apply them to a specific aesthetic intent.
- Get the knowledge and skills in the use of basic tools, medium and techniques required to works from concept to finished product.
- Develop memory and observation power through the study/ exercise in still life and painting composition.
- Develop their mental faculties for proper maintenance and arrangements of things in their Painting practical’s as well as in their life.
i. Still Life Study Study of a group of two or three arranged object from a fixed point of view in colours. Group may include vegetables, foliage and objects of daily use.
ii. Simple composition based on any one form of folk ART/ Tribal Art such as Madhubani, Warli, Alpana, Rangoli, Mandana etc.
iii. Sketches from Life and Nature in pencil and ink.
iv. Submission of portfolio consisting of five selected works done during the year.
Code No.: 049
i. (a) Accurate drawing with proper composition of objects. 20 marks
(b) Compositional arrangement with due emphasis on the subject-matter. 20 marks
ii. Treatment of media (colours) with an appropriate colour scheme in skill life and painting composition. 10 marks
iii. Originality, creativity and overall expression. 10 marks
iv. Sketches from life and nature in pencil and ink. 20 marks
v. Submission of portfolio consisting of 10 selected works done during the year. 20 marks