HISTORY - 027 (DELHI)
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAMINATION
CODE NO. 61/1/1, 61/1/2, 61/1/3
1. Please read the following guidelines carefully and seek clarifications from the Head Examiner in case of any doubt to reduce subjectivity and bias.
2. Every care has been taken to prepare the Marking Scheme. However, it is important to keep in mind that, it is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. Full credit should be given to candidates who give relevant points other than the ones listed in the Marking Scheme as the answers to the questions. The examiners are requested to use their own knowledge and experience wherever necessary.
3. The Marking Scheme carries only suggested value points for an answer. These are only guidelines and do not constitute the complete answer. The students can have their own expression and if the expression is correct, the marks should be awarded accordingly.
4. The Head Examiners have to go through the first five answer-scripts evaluated by each evaluator to ensure that the evaluation has been carried out as per the instruction, given in the Marking Scheme. The remaining answer scripts meant for evaluation shall be given only after ensuring that there is no significant variation in the marking of individual evaluators.
5. Marking should be neither over-strict nor over-liberal. Marks should not be deducted for spelling errors, wrong proper names, minor inaccuracies or omission of details. No marks be deduced for overshooting word limit.
6. If a candidate answers both the options, both should be read and the better one evaluated.
7. Though break-up of value points is given in a number of answers, the examiner may be flexible in marking the different parts, if the answer reflects understanding of the scope of the question.
8. If a question has parts, please award marks in the right hand side for each part. Marks awarded for different parts of the question should then be totalled up and written in the left hand margin and circled. If a question does not have any parts, marks be awarded in the left hand margin and circled.
9. A full scale of marks 0-80 has to be used. Please do not hesitate to award full marks if the answer deserves it.
10. The candidates are now permitted to obtain photocopy of the answer book on request on payment of prescribed fee. All Examiners/ Head Examiners are once again reminded that they must ensure that evaluation is carried out strictly as per value points for each answer as given in the Marking Scheme.
11. The Examiners should acquaint themselves with the guidelines given in the Guidelines for Spot Evaluation before starting the actual evaluation.
12. Every Examiner should stay upto sufficient reasonable time normally 5-6 hours every day and evaluate 20-25 answer books and should devote minimum 15-20 minutes to evaluate each answer book.
13. Every Examiner should acquaint him/ herself with the marking schemes of all the sets.