CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Marking Scheme
Question Paper, Chemistry
Senior School Certificate Examination
Marking Scheme ------- Chemistry
56/1 56/2 56/3 56/B
1. The Marking Scheme provides general guidelines to reduce
subjectivity in the marking. The answers given in the Marking Scheme are
Suggested answers. The content is thus indicative. If a student has given any
other answer which is different from the one given in the Marking Scheme, but
conveys the same meaning, such answers should be given full weight-age.
2. The Marking Scheme carries only suggested value point for the
answers. These are only guidelines and do not constitute the complete answers.
The students can have their own expression and if the expression is correct the
marks will be awarded accordingly.
3. The Head-Examiners have to go through the first five
answer-scripts evaluated by each evaluator to ensure that the evaluation has
been carried out as per the instruction given in the marking scheme. The
remaining answer scripts meant for evaluation shall be given only after ensuring
that there is no significant variation in the marking of individual evaluators.
4. Evaluation is to be done as per instructions provided in the
Marking Scheme. It should not be done according to one’s own interpretation or
any other consideration – Marking Scheme should be strictly adhered to and
5. If a question has parts, please award marks in the right hand
side for each part. Marks awarded for different parts of the question should
then be totaled up and written in the left hand margin and circled.
6. If a question does not have any parts, marks be awarded in
the left-hand margin.
7. If a candidate has attempted an extra question, marks
obtained in the question attempted first should be retained and the other answer
should be scored out.
8. No Marks to be deducted for the cumulative effect of an
error. It should be penalized only once.
9. A full scale of marks 0-70 has to be used. Please do not
hesitate to award full marks if the answer deserves it.
10. Separate marking schemes for all the three sets have been
11. As per orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. The candidate
would now be permitted to obtain photocopy of the Answer Book on request on
payment of the prescribed fee. All examiner/Head Examiners are once again
reminded that they must ensure that evaluation is carried out strictly as per
value points for each answer as given in the Marking Scheme.
12. The Examiners should acquaint themselves with the guidelines
given in the Guidelines for sport Evaluation before starting the actual
13. Every Examiner should stay upto sufficiently reasonable time
normally 5-6 hours every day and evaluate 20-25 answer books and should minimum
15-20 minutes to evaluate each answer book.
14. Every Examiner should acquaint himself/herself with the
marking schemes of all the sets.
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Chemistry (Set-1)
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Chemistry (Set-2)
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Chemistry (Set-3)
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Chemistry (Blind)