(Download) Indian National Astronomy Olympiad (INAO) Question Papers (Jr) 2010
Exam Name : INAO Olympiad Question Papers (Jr) 2010
1. As seen from the E arth, the stars appear to twinkle, while the planets do not because,
(a) Light coming from the stars gets absorbed by interstellar dust.
(b) the stars are self luminous while the planets merely reflect the light.
(c) Angular sizes of the stars are much smaller than the planets.
(d) All the above.
A wooden cube of length 5 units is painted on all faces and then cut in 85 smaller cubes of varying sizes. The sides of each of the smaller cubes are some integer number of units. All bigger cubes are carved out of the corners of the original cube.
Answer the following three questions:
2. How many cubes have no side painted?
3. How many cubes have exactly 2 sides painted?
4. If one was to cut the original cube (of size 5 units each side) with a condition that all corners would be occupied by the cubes bigger than 1 unit size, what will be the smallest total of cube pieces possible?
5. In a given watch, the minute and the hour hand come together successively exactly after 65 minutes. Does the watch gain or lose time and how much per hour?
(a) Gains about 27 seconds.
(b) Loses about 27 seconds.
(c) Neither gains nor loses.
(d) Information insufficient.
6. Two parallel wires carrying current in opposite direction will
(a) exert a force twisting the wires.
(b) attract each other.
(c) repel each other.
(d) not exert any force on each other.
Courtesy: Science Olympiad Foundation