Diagnostic Mock Test on CLAT Pattern
SECTION II: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
41. Which of the following Union Territories has the lowest population density?
(a) Daman and Diu (b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
(c) Andaman and Nicobar (d) Pondicherry
42. Ram Mohan Roy was given the title of Raja by .
(a) Lord William Bentinck
(b) Akbar II
(c) Followers of Brahma Samaj
(d) Intellectuals opposing the custom of sati
43. Sarda Act fixed the minimum age of marriage of girls and boys respectively as .
(a) 12 and 16
(b) 14 and 18
(c) 15 and 21
(d) 16 and 22
44. Which of the following Bills has/have been passed in the budget session (2015) of Parliament?
(a) 100th Constitution Amendment Bill for the operationalisation of the land boundary agreement between India and Bangladesh
(b) The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015
(c) The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2015 (d) All of the above
45. Who has been appointed the founder President of BRICS bank headquartered at
(a) K.V. Kamath
(b) Arundhati Roy
(c) Chanda Kocher
(d) U.K. Sinha
46. Which of the following terms is not associated with banking?
47. Justice A.P. Shah Committee has been constituted to look into the issue on.
(a) minimum alternative tax on foreign institutional investors
(b) minimum alternative tax on domestic corporate giants
(c) minimum alternative tax on traders
(d) elimination of deductions under 80C income tax
48. Dynamo converts...........
(a) high voltage into low voltage
(b) electrical energy into mechanical energy
(c) mechanical energy into electrical energy
(d) low voltage into high voltage
49. Which article under the fundamental rights is directly related to the employment of children?
(a) Article 19
(b) Article 17
(c) Article 23
(d) Article 24
50. The “Hot Spots” (in context of environment) found in India are .
(a) Eastern Ghat, Western Ghat
(b) Vindhyan Range, Eastern Ghat
(c) Eastern Himalayan Range, Western Ghat
(d) Shivalik Range, Eastern Ghat
51. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
||2. Siri Fort
||3. Adhai Din ka Jhonpra
|D. Alauddin Khilji
||4. Sultan Garhi
52. Recently an Indian Air Force 2000 fighter aircraft safely landed on...............
(a) Yamuna Expressway
(b) Nasik-Pune Expressway
(c) Vadodara-Ahmedabad Expressway
(d) None of the above
53. A form of government which is headed by an elected representative and not a hereditary monarch is known as ....................
(a) Presidential (b) Parliamentary
(c) Republican (d) Democratic
54. Human Rights Day is observed on....................
(a) 24 October (b) 10 December
(c) 5 June (d) 7 April
55. Which organisation is popularly called the “World Bank”?
(a) International Monetary Fund
(b) International Bank for Reconstruc-tion and Development
(c) International Development Agency
(d) International Finance Corporation
56. Opium is obtained from..................
(a) dried seeds as oil
(b) dried leaves by distillation
(c) unripe capsules as latex
57. Amnesty International, a worldwide human rights organisation, has its headquarters at..............
(a) London (b) Geneva
(c) New York (d) Manila
58. Egypt recently unveiled “gift to the world” by opening which second canal?
(a) Suez Canal 2.0 (b) Grand Canal
(c) Panama Canal (d) Qaraqum Canal
59. Apex bank in agriculture sector is .................
(a) Punjab National Bank
(b) State Bank of India
(d) Central Bank of India
60. Within how many days the Council of States (Rajya Sabha) is required to make its recommendation on the Money Bill?
(a) 14 days (b) 18 days
(c) 21 days (d) 30 days
61. The Adam’s Bridge begins from .
(a) Dhanuskodi (b) Mandapam
(c) Pamban (d) Rameshwaram
62. Sound above what level (in decibels) is considered hazardous noise pollution?
(a) 30 db (b) 40 db
(c) 60 db (d) 80 db
63. Search engine giant Google Inc has announced formation of new parent company called...............?
(a) Youpath Inc (b) Alphabet Inc
(c) Truper Inc (d) Digiflip Inc
64. An atmospheric phenomenon where dust, smoke and other dry articles obscure the clarity of the sky?
(a) Mist (b) Frost
(c) Haze (d) Fog
65. Vijnaneshwara (work: Mitakshara) who lived in Kalyana was noted .................
(a) Court poet (b) Musician
(c) Jurist (d) Commander
66. Who has been appointed recently as Chief Executing Officer (CEO) of Google?
(a) Sundar Pichai (b) Jack Ma
(c) Jim Guyan (d) Satya Nadella
67. Asteroids are found between the planets..................
(a) Mars and Jupiter
(b) Mercury and Venus
(c) Earth and Venus
(d) Jupiter and Saturn
68. The Bihu dance is originated from which State of India?
(a) Andaman and Nicobar
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
69. Under Article 267 of the Indian Constitution provision of which one of the following has been made?
(a) Consolidated Fund
(b) Contingency Fund
(c) Expenditure Fund
(d) President’s Fund
70. Under which of the following articles of Constitution, National Emergency can be proclaimed by the President of India?
(a) Article 352
(b) Article 356
(c) Article 358
(d) Article 360
71. 8th BRICS Summit will be held in...............
(a) Brazil (b) Russia
(c) India (d) China
72. On whom Bangladesh confers Award of Liberation War Honour recently? (a) Manmohan Singh
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Arun Jaitley
(d) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
73. Which one of the following issues the “Global Economic Prospects” report
(a) The Asian Development Bank
(b) The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
(c) The US Federal Reserve Bank
(d) The World Bank
74. Which one of the following is the national aquatic animal of India?
(a) Saltwater crocodile
(b) Olive ridley turtle
(c) Gangetic dolphin
(d) Gangetic gharial
75. Who has been selected as the President of ICC recently?
(a) Haroon Lorgat (b) N. Srinivasan
(c) Sharad Pawar (d) Zaheer Abbas
76. India is separated from Sri Lanka by ..............
(a) McMahon line (b) Palk Strait
(c) Maginot line (d) Bay of Bengal
77. The atmospheric layer responsible for most of the weather phenomena is referred to as the ...............
(a) Mesosphere (b) Stratosphere
(c) Ionosphere (d) Troposphere
78. The Union Government hiked recently national floor-level minimum wage to..............rupees per day.
(a) 137 (b) 145
(c) 153 (d) 160
79. The Government of India has established NITI Aayog to replace the ......................
(a) Human Rights Commission
(b) Planning Commission
(c) Law Commission
(d) Finance Commission
80. The earliest occurrence of the mantra famous as Gayatri Mantra is found in the following text:
(a) Bhagwad Gita (b) Atharva Veda
(c) Rig Veda (d) Manusmriti
81. What is Rio+20 Conference, often mentioned in the news?
(a) It is the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development.
(b) It is a Ministerial Meeting of the World Trade Organisation.
(c) It is a Conference of the Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change.
(d) It is a Conference of the Member Countries of the Convention on Biological
82. Who has been chosen recently for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna?
(a) Sania Mirza (b) P.V. Sindhu
(c) Virat Kohli (d) Shubham Jaglan
83. Which of the following geological systems of rocks contain rich reserve of iron ore in India?
(a) Vindhyan system (b) Cuddapah system (c) Gondwana system (d) Dharwar system
84. Which of the following rivers of India cuts across all the ranges of the Himalayas?
(a) Ravi (b) Satluj
(c) Beas (d) Chenab
85. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are in the...............and its Capital is...............
(a) Arabian Sea; Port Blair
(b) Bay of Bengal; Kavaratti
(c) Bay of Bengal; Port Blair
(d) Bay of Bengal; Panaji
86. The provisions in Fifth Schedule and Sixth Schedule in the Constitution of India are made in order to:
(a) protect the interests of Scheduled Tribes
(b) determine the boundaries between States
(c) determine the powers, authority and responsibilities of Panchayats
(d) protect the interests of all the border States
87. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Article 39-A-equal justice and free legal aid
(b) Article 40-organisation of village Panchayats
(c) Article 44-uniform civil code
(d) Article 48-separation of judiciary from executive
88. The ideal of “welfare state” in the Indian Constitution is enshrined in its.............
(b) Directive principles of State policy
(c) Fundamental rights
(d) Seventh Schedule
89. Select one of the following processes leading to stable population structure:
(a) Increasing birth rate and constant death rate
(b) Decreasing birth rate and increasing death rate
(c) Constant birth and death rate
(d) Constant birth rate and decreasing death rate
90. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List-I (Biosphere reserve)
|C. Dehang Debang
||4. Arunachal Pradesh
ANSWERS AND EXPLANATIONS
1. (b) 2. (c)
3. (d) 4. (c)
5. (c) 6. (a)
7. (b) 8. (b)
9. (c) 10. (d)
11. (d) 12. (b)
13. (a) 14. (b)
15. (d) 16. (c)
17. (a) 18. (b)
19. (c) 20. (b)
21. (a) 22. (b)
23. (d) 24. (d)
25. (c) 26. (b)
27. (d) 28. (a)
29. (d) 30. (c)
31. (c) 32. (b)
33. (b) 34. (d)
35. (d) 36. (a)
37. (b) 38. (b)
39. (b) 40. (c)
41. (c) 42. (b)
43. (b) 44. (d)
45. (a) 46. (d)
47. (a) 48. (c)
49. (d) 50. (c)
51. (a) 52. (a)
53. (c) 54. (b)
55. (b) 56. (c)
57. (a) 58. (a)
59. (c) 60. (a)
61. (a) 62. (d)
63. (b) 64. (c)
65. (c) 66. (a)
67. (a) 68. (c)
69. (b) 70. (a)
71. (c) 72. (d)
73. (d) 74. (c)
75. (d) 76. (b)
77. (d) 78. (d)
79. (b) 80. (c)
81. (a) 82. (a)
83. (d) 84. (b)
85. (c) 86. (a)
87. (d) 88. (b)
89. (c) 90. (b)
91. (c) 92. (d)
93. (a) 94. (c)
95. (d) 96. (a)
97. (d) 98. (b)
99. (a) 100. (d)
101. (a) 102. (c)
103. (c) 104. (b)
105. (b) 106. (c)
107. (d) 108. (a)
109. (d) 110. (b)
111. (c) 112. (c)
113. (c) 114. (c)
115. (b) 116. (c)
117. (a) 118. (b)
119. (d) 120. (d)
121. (c) 122. (c)
123. (a) 124. (b)
125. (a) 126. (c)
127. (d) 128. (a)
129. (b) 130. (a)
131. (b) 132. (a)
133. (b) 134. (c)
135. (b) 136. (c)
137. (c) 138. (a)
139. (b) 140. (d)
141. (b) 142. (c)
143. (c) 144. (a)
145. (c) 146. (b)
147. (b) 148. (c)
149. (c) 150. (a)
151. (a) 152. (c)
153. (b) 154. (c)
155. (c) 156. (b)
157. (a) 158. (d)
159. (b) 160. (d)
161. (c) 162. (a)
163. (d) 164. (a)
165. (c) 166. (b)
167. (d) 168. (a)
169. (b) 170. (c)
171. (a) 172. (c)
173. (d) 174. (c)
175. (d) 176. (d)
177. (a) 178. (c)
179. (d) 180. (a)
181. (b) 182. (b)
183. (c) 184. (d)
185. (d) 186. (b)
187. (d) 188. (d)
189. (a) 190. (b)
191. (c) 192. (a)
193. (a) 194. (b)
195. (b) 196. (c)
197. (d) 198. (b)
199. (a) 200. (b)
ANALYSE YOUR PERFORMANCE
2.1. Static: With 33 questions on static, there is an even divide between static and
current GK, the difficulty is fairly high, with breeze questions such as World Bank and Palk Strait and also some bouncers like Opium, etc; out of 33, a good static score in this section would be anywhere above 15 since some of the questions like dates and the geographical ones are common knowledge.
2.2. Current: Extremely easy current section, with 17 questions that are picked directly from the newspaper. A brief daily reading of the newspaper or a monthly reading of the compendiums (speaking from experience) would easily fetch a score of
12+ for the average student who is not very regular with the news, 10 is the bare minimum. Anything below 9 is cause for concern as far as current affairs is the matter.