(Papers) CISCE : Download Class X Exam Papers-2017 (Elective English)
Elective English :
- Subject : Elective English
- Year : 2017
- Duration : 3 Hour
- Attempt five questions, covering at least three of the prescribed textbooks.
- The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in brackets [ ].
- Note: Credit is given for textual detail and for the candidate’s own response.
- Candidates are advised to exercise their options with great care, keeping in view their knowledge and understanding of the question(s) chosen.
- Candidates are also expected to be precise and to avoid unnecessary details
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD – Harper Lee
How do Jem and Dill react to the court proceedings they witness at Tom’s trial? 
What role do the Ewells play in the novel To Kill a Mockingbird? 
Briefly narrate the ‘mad dog incident’ in To Kill a Mockingbird highlighting its symbolism in the novel.
THE HUNGRY TIDE – Amitav Ghosh
The Hungry Tide is a significant work in the field of nature-oriented literature. Discuss this observation using, in detail, any three distinct examples from the novel. 
Write short notes on: 
What was the Morichjhapi incident? How does it play a central role in the novel The Hungry Tide?