CBSE Class-10 Exam 2018 : All India Scheme
Question Paper-Automobile Technology
Subject : Automobile Technology
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 80
- Please check that this question paper contains 7 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidates.
- Please check that this question paper contains 24 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minutes time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) The question paper consists of four Sections A, B, C and D.
(iii) Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each, Section B has 6 questions of 2 marks each, Section C has 6 questions of 3 marks each and Section D has only 2 questions of 5 marks each.
SECTION – A
1. 6x2 drive chassis vehicle consists of _______.
(a) 2 wheels
(b) 6 wheels
(c) 12 wheels
(d) 4 wheels
2. The ignition coil fitted in ignition system of an automobile engine is just like a _____.
(a) Step-up transformer
(b) Step-down transformer
3. The storage battery is an electro-chemical device that converts _______.
(a) Mechanical energy into chemical energy.
(b) Chemical energy into mechanical energy.
(c) Electrical energy into chemical energy
(d) Electrical energy into mechanical energy.
4. An electrical tool, which can be used to trouble shoot electrical problems, is called _______.
5. The hand tool, which is used to tighten or loosen the nuts and bolts is called _______.
(c) Bench Vice
6. In the process of manual wash of a car, all the doors and windows should be _______.
7. The clogged fuel filter in fuel system of automobile engine _______ the fuel pressure to the engine.
(d) over flows
8. Customer support is a range of services provided to assist the customers in _______ their vehicle.
(b) purchase or maintenance
9. Bringing a new model of automobile vehicle to market typically requires _______ on laboratories.
(a) one to two years
(b) two to five years
(c) five to seven years
(d) ten to fifteen years
10. In an automobile workshop, service manual is used for _______ of an automobile vehicle.
(b) test driving
(c) servicing, maintenance and repair