CBSE Class-10 Exam 2018 : All India Scheme
Question Paper-Food Production
Subject :Food Production
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 80
- Please check that this question paper contains 7 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidates.
- Please check that this question paper contains 23 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minutes time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
General Instructions :
(i) All questions in each Section are compulsory.
(ii) The question paper consists of four sections, A, B, C & D.
(iii) Part-A Question Nos. 1 to 7 are multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each.
(iv) Part-B Question Nos. 8 to 16 are very short answer questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 30-40 words each.
(v) Part-C Question Nos. 17 to 21 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 60-70 words each.
(vi) Part-D Question Nos. 22 & 23 are long answer questions carrying 5 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 100-150 words each
Multiple Choice Questions
1.Gelatinization is a process of :
(a) Coagulation of proteins
(b) Swelling of starch by application of moist heat
(c) Preparing gelatin based sweets
(d) Browning bread slices
2.The cooking process in which the food particles are surrounded by liquid and it is cooked in slow heat for a long time. The food is usually served along with the liquid which was cooked.
3. The process of cooking that employs electromagnetic waves is termed as :
4. Soups that made by cooking shellfish, grinding it and thickened with rice are termed as :
5. Vinaigrette, thousand island and mayonnaise added to a salad will form its
6. The following type of bread is most suitable for making sandwiches :
(a) Fresh and warm out of oven
(b) About 12 hours old
(c) About a week old
(d) Soft and moist one
7. The sandwiches made with three layers of Bread are :
(a) Conventional Sandwiches
(b) Tea Sandwiches
(c) Club Sandwiches
(d) Buffet Sandwiches
8. What is the composition of fats ? What happens when heat is applied on fats ?
9. Differentiate between boiling and poaching.
10. Describe the quality criteria you will look for before purchasing cauliflower.
11. Write four uses of fruits in cookery.
12. Do you think soups can be an important part of a patient’s diet recovering from disease ? Give four reasons.
13. Write a brief description of soup ‘Mulligatawny’.
14. Differentiate between Simple Salad and Compound Salad giving suitable examples.
15. List any four green leaves that can be used as a Base of a salad.