Question Papers For Board Examinations 2018
Class – XII
Subject – Banking
Subject : Banking
Class : XII
Year : 2018
General Instructions :
- Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 20 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
1. Write the full form of ATM.
2. Write the names of any two Mutual Funds.
3. On which side of the Balance Sheet of a Banking Company are ‘Deposits’ shown ?
4. What is ATM PIN ? When is it provided by the bank ?
5. What is meant by ‘Back Office’ of a bank ?
6. What will be the due date for payment of a bill payable three months after date if it is drawn and accepted on 1st January, 2017 ?
7. What is meant by ‘Cash Reserve Ratio’ ?
8. What is meant by a Balance Sheet ? Why is it prepared ? Give the heading of the Balance Sheet of a Banking Company.
9. State the three items appearing under the heading ‘Expenditure’ in the Profit and Loss Account of a Banking Company.
10. Under what major heads are the following categorised while preparing the Balance Sheet of a Banking Company ?
(a) Share Premium
(b) Government Securities
(c) Bills Payable
11. What is the difference between a Debit card and a Credit card ? Explain briefly.
12. What is meant by Mobile banking ? How does it differ from using a mobile phone for making payments ?
13. What security arrangements should be made at the entrance gate of a bank branch ? Describe briefly.
14. Distinguish between fixed and floating rates of interest.
15. What do you mean by Repo Rate and Reverse Repo Rate ?
16. What is a Bank Locker ? Explain the process of hiring and operating a bank locker.
17. What is meant by CBS ? Give its full form. What are its benefits for banks and their customers ?
18. What is a Strong Room ? Where should it be located in a bank ? Briefly explain the procedure adopted for taking money out of the strong room.
19. Distinguish between Simple interest and Compound interest. How is compound interest calculated ? What will be the compound interest on < 10,000 for three years @ 5% per annum ?
20. What is Statutory Liquidity Ratio ? Briefly explain the similarities and differences between Statutory Liquidity Ratio and Cash Reserve Ratio.