CBSE Class-12 Exam 2020 : Question Paper (History)
Class : XII
Year : 2020
1. Which group of scholars among the following reconstructed the dietary practices of Harappa from the remains of charred grains and seeds found in the Harappan sites ? 1
2. Why is the Harappan script called enigmatic ?
Choose the correct reason from the following options : 1
(A) It resembles the Hieroglyphic script of Egypt.
(B) It had too many symbols, between 600 and 1000 in number.
(C) It was written from left to right.
(D) Its writing remains undeciphered to date.
3. Which of the following scripts were deciphered by James Prinsep ? 1
(A) Bengali and Devanagari
(B) Sanskrit and Prakrit
(C) Brahmi and Kharosthi
(D) Greek and Indo-Greek
4. The Buddha’s foster mother, Mahapajapati Gotami was the first woman to be ordained as a _________. 1
What was the last message of the Buddha to his followers ? 1
5. Which one of the following texts contains the teachings of Mahavira or Jaina Philosophy ? 1
(B) Uttaradhyayana Sutta
(D) Sutta Pitaka