CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper-Agriculture
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for questions are indicated against each question.
- Please check that this question paper contains 5 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 27 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
1. What is soil productivity ?
2. Name two avenue trees.
3. Expand IPM.
4. What is the percentage of acetic acid in vinegar ?
5. Name one plant biopesticide commonly used in agriculture.
6. For development of queen bee, the larvae are fed with a special food by worker bee. Name the food.
7. Write the name of the macronutrient which forms an important constituent of chlorophyll molecule.
8. Which organism is used in vermicomposting ?
9. Name one species of honey-bee which can be reared in artificial hives.
10. Write two objectives of soil testing.
Write two precautions to be taken while soil sampling.
11. Explain the importance of landscaping in cities.
12. Differentiate between flood and furrow irrigation.
13. Compare the importance of mushroom over green vegetables.
14. What are the different products obtained from apiculture ? Write one commercial use of any one product.
15. List any six important value-added products obtained from fruits.
16. Explain the following :
(a) Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria (PSB)
(b) Pheromone Trap
17. Describe the following in short :
(a) Waxing of fruits
18. Discuss the advantages of raising seedling in tray.
19. Write the advantages of fruits and vegetables preservation.
20. Describe the ideal conditions of the place for laying out of lawn.
List the benefits of having a lawn.
21. Why are plants not propagated by sexual method in fruit nurseries ?
22. Write any five precautions to be taken while using insecticides.
23. (a) Discuss the role of phosphorus in plants. (Any six)
(b) Name any two fertilizers which are important sources of phosphorus.
Discuss the disadvantages of using chemical insecticides in pest control.
24. (a) Name two fruits suitable for jelly making.
(b) Discuss various tests done to judge the end point of jelly.
25. Discuss the following in short :
(a) Causes of fruits and vegetables spoilage
(a) Tomato ketchup
26. (a) Explain the importance of Rhizobium culture in agriculture.
(b) Describe Farm Yard Manure (FYM).
27. Analyse the economic importance of bee-keeping in increasing the income of farmers.
Describe the precautions to be taken while selecting a good apiary site