CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper-Biology
- Please check that this question paper contains 11 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 27 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
General Instructions :
(i) There are a total of 27 questions and four sections in the question paper. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Section A contains questions number 1 to 5, very short-answer type questions of 1 mark each.
(iii) Section B contains questions number 6 to 12, short-answer type I questions of 2 marks each.
(iv) Section C contains questions number 13 to 24, short-answer type II questions of 3 marks each.
(v) Section D contains questions number 25 to 27, long-answer type questions of 5 marks each.
(vi) There is no overall choice in the question paper, however, an internal choice is provided in two questions of 1 mark, two questions of 2 marks, four questions of 3 marks and all the three questions of 5 marks. In these questions, an examinee is to attempt any one of the two given alternatives.
(vii) Wherever necessary, the diagram drawn should be neat and properly labelled.
1. How do drones develop in honey bees ? Name the process.
Some flowers, selected for artificial hybridization, do not require emasculation but bagging is essential for them. Give a reason.
2. State Mendel’s Law of Independent Assortment.
3. Write one example each of organisms exhibiting (i) male heterogamety, and (ii) female heterogamety.
4. Name the pathogen which causes Typhoid. Name the test that confirms the disease.
5. How does the human body respond when haemozoin produced by Plasmodium is released in its blood ?
Write the role of interferons.