CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper-Fashion Studies
1. Define ‘Scarification’.
2. Why were several systems of pattern constructions devised in the early days of tailoring ?
3. Mention two factors considered while selecting readymade garments for infants.
Mention two factors considered while selecting readymade garments for toddlers.
4. How can you correct off-grain fabric ?
What do you understand by off-grain fabric ?
5. Why did pattern designers start draping patterns on a dress-form ?
6. Elaborate the term ‘Fashion Capital’.
7. What kind of fabrics can be heat-set and why ?
8. Differentiate between men’s wear and women’s wear on the basis of colour and fabrics.
9. Give the term for the following :
(a) The edge of the collar that is stitched to the neckline
(b) Highest point on the bust
(c) Outer edge of the collar
(d) Distance between the two legs of a dart
10. Why is ‘good-fit’ important ? What is the effect of poor-fitting on a finished garment ?
What do you understand by good-fit ? List various factors of fit.
11. What is interlining and why is it applied ?
State two considerations in layout of directional fabrics.
12. How has corporate culture influenced men’s wear ? Give two reasons