CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper- Sculpture
General Instructions :
- (i) All the eight questions are compulsory, which carry equal marks.
- (ii) Answers to be written for question nos. 1 and 2 in about 200 words each and for question nos. 3, 4 and 5 in about 100 words each. Question nos. 6, 7 and 8 are objective type.
1. Write an essay on the evolution of the Indian National Flag and the symbolic significance of forms and colours used in its present form.
2. Which one do you like or dislike among all the contemporary (modern) Indian sculptures included in your course of study ? Give your appropriate reasons in detail in the light of the capability of its sculptor in handling the medium & technique, depiction of the subject-matter and the way of composition.
3. Which human life-values and emotions are shown in any one of the following Rajasthani or Pahari miniature-paintings ? Explain briefly.
(a) Bharat Meets Rama at Chitrakuta (Rajasthani School)
(b) Krishna with Gopis (Pahari School)
4.Evaluate the compositional-arrangement of any one of the following miniature-paintings included in your course of study, duly based on the aesthetic-parameters :
(a) Babur Crossing the River Sone (Mughal School)
(b) Dancers (Deccani School)
5.Identify any one relevant painting of the Bengal School included in your course of study, comprising of the following features, and explain them in that painting accordingly :
(a) The delineation of attenuated human figures with extra elongated limbs and tapering fingers, which reflect the influence of the Rajasthani, Pahari and Mughal miniatures. Hence emphasis on European realism is terminated.
(b) The creation of mystic and mellow style by using gloomy colouring with diffused light background and absence of any dark line or tone, which provide the experience of the astral-world.