2. In what ways have TNC’s adapted to Indian audience ?
Cultural consumption shapes to a large extent the growth of cities. How ?
3. What is commodification ?
4. Differentiate between peasants and farmers.
5. How did industrialization lead to de-industrialisation ?
What was the impact of western education on India ?
6. Sociologists view market as social institutions that are constructed in culturally specific way. Give examples to justify the statement.
7. What is the meaning of digital divide ?
8. How is mass media bridging the gap between rural and urban areas ?
9. Give any two examples to state that various forms of traditional knowledge systems have been preserved and passed on from one generation to another.
Most of us make our money from thin air; we produce nothing that can be weighed, touched or easily measured. Give any two examples of ‘thin air businesses’.