(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2015-16 : Library and information science
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE (079) CLASS-XII
Duration: 3hrs M.M: 80
• There are 28 general questions.
• Question nos. 1-11 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each.
Answer to these questions should not exceed 40 words.
• Question nos. 12-22 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 80-100 words.
• Question nos. 23-28 are long answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 200 words.
• All questions are compulsory. However, an internal choice has been provided in two question of six marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such
1. Define staffing.
2. Enlist different biological agents which damage paper based library resources.
3. What do you mean by an accession number?
4. What are different users’ approach to information?
5. What do you understand by integrated library management system?
6. What do you mean by range search?
7. What is the main purpose of library classification?
8. What are the various modes of library acquisition?
9. Why do we need human resource planning in library?
10. Under which situation does reservation of a particular library resource takes place?
11. What is the difference between manual library system and automated library system?
12. What is the user education programme?
13. State the need for technical processing of library materials.
14. What do you understand by value-added information service?
15. Why do librarians select open source library automation software?
16. How is a keyword search different from subject search?
17. How is the WebOPAC more beneficial to users than the OPAC?
18. What is the need of a subject gateway?
19. Why is bibliographical instruction programme meant for advanced users?
20. How can we reduce man-made disasters in a library?
21. Why is an E-book more accessible than a printed book?
22. Why should different steps of library classification be followed while classifying a document?
23. Discuss the five fundamental categories, PMEST, with the help of suitable example.
24. Write down the salient features of SOUL.
Write down the salient features of KOHA.
25. Explain the Boolean operators and their impact on search result while connecting two keyword “A” and “B”.
26. How is stock verification conducted in a library?
27. What are the various ethical concerns that originate with the use of electronic text, multimedia sharing, and other on line resources?
28. Based on your assessment, describe the implications of APUPA pattern on library classification?
How has the internet provided opportunities to serve library members round the clock?