CBSE Class-10 Exam 2018 : Marking Scheme
Question Paper Social Science
CBSE Class-10 Exam 2018 : Social Science (Delhi)
Secondary School Examination (March, 2018)
Social Science –Class X
Marking Scheme 32/1, 32/2, 32/3
1. The Marking scheme provides general guidelines to reduce subjectivity in
the marking. The answers given in the Marking Scheme are suggested answers. The
content is thus indicative. If a student has given any other answer which is
different from the one given in the Marking Scheme but conveys the meaning, such
answers should be given due weightage.
2. Evaluation is to be done as per instructions provided in the Marking
Scheme. It should not be done according to one’s own interpretation or any other
consideration. Marking Scheme should be strictly adhered to and religiously
3. If a question has parts, please award marks in the right hand side for
each part. Marks awarded for different parts of the question should then be
totalled up and written in the left margin and encircled.
4. If a question does not have any parts, marks be awarded in the left-hand
5. If a child has attempted an extra choice question, answer of the question
deserving more marks should be retained and the other answer scored out.
6. While evaluating the answer book it should be remembered that Social
Science course at this stage is a part of general education and therefore does
not require a specialized study of the four subjects – History, Geography,
Civics and Economics which comprise it.
7. Except for questions which require recall of information, the responses of
students should be evaluated in terms of the understanding that they reflect.
Listing down of points without any explanation may not be proper indication of
the examinee’s understanding.
8. A mere listing of large number of points should not be seen as a better
answer than fewer points well explained. The answer of latter type should be
9. Reference to the page number of the prescribed text books has been given
for various questions. This is for the information of the examiners and a
reading of these pages of the text books may be useful in assessing the answer
scripts. Page number in the Marking Scheme refers to the N.C.E.R.T. books
10. A full scale of marks 0 to 90 has to be used. Please do not hesitate to
award full marks if the answer deserves.
11. The Marking Scheme carries only suggested value points for the answers.
These are only guidelines and do not constitute the complete answer. The
students have their own expression and if the expression is correct, the marks
should be awarded accordingly.
12. As per orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, the candidates are being
permitted to obtain photocopy of the evaluated Answer Book on request on payment
of the prescribed fee. All Examiners/ Head Examiners are once again reminded
that they must ensure that evaluation is carried out strictly as per value
points per each answer as given in the Marking Scheme.
13. All the Head Examiners are instructed that while evaluating the answer
scripts, if the answer is found to be totally incorrect the (x) should be marked
on the incorrect answer and awarded ‘0’ marks.
14. The Examiners should acquaint themselves with the guidelines given in the
Guidelines for Spot Evaluation before starting the actual evaluation.
15. Every Examiner should acquaint himself/herself with the marking schemes
of all the sets.