(Download) CBSE Class-12 Marking Scheme (Geography) 2014-15
1. State any two features of KPO industry.
1. The KPO industry involves highly skilled workers.
2. It is information driven, knowledge outsourcing.
3. KPO enables companies to create additional business opportunities. (Any other
relevant point) ½+½
2. What are the implications of using ground water in drought prone area of
Rajasthan and Maharashtra?
1. The over-use of ground water resources has led to decline
in ground water table in these states.
2. The over withdrawals in some states like Rajasthan and Maharashtra has led to
increase in fluoride concentration in ground-water. (Any other relevant point.)
3. What is the ‘open sky policy’ adopted by the Indian
1. To help the Indian exporters make their export more
competitive, the government had introduced an Open Sky Policy for cargo.
2. Under this policy, foreign airlines or association of exporters can bring any
freighters to the country. (Any One point)
4. On the basis of configuration and purposes, satellite
system in India can be grouped into two. Name them.
1. Indian National Satellite System (INSAT)
2. Indian Remote Sensing Satellite System (IRS).
5. Explain the function of a Garrison town with the help
of an Indian example.
Cantonment towns e.g. Ambala, Jalandhar, Mhow, Babina,
6. ‘Urban waste disposal is a serious problem in India.
’Suggest any two measures that we as citizens can take to solve this problem of
1. As concerned citizens we should ensure that there are
proper waste disposal bins by the municipality.
2. We can also segregate the wet and the dry waste.
3. Strict laws can be made and fines can be issued for not disposing waste in
the required manner.
(Any other relevant point.)½+½
7. Study the map shown and answer the question :