CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper-Carnatic Music
- Please check that this question paper contains 3 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 8 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
(i) Answer any five of the following questions.
(ii) Questions no. 1 and 2 are compulsory.
(iii) All questions carry equal marks.
1. Give in notation the Anupallavi of a Kriti set in Kedaragaula or Keeravani Raga.
2. Write the lakshanas of any two of the following Ragas briefly :
(c) Purvi Kalyani
3. Write an essay on the lakshana grantha Brihaddesi of Sage Matanga in 150 words.
4. Briefly write the life and contribution of Patnam Subramanya Iyer to Karnatak music, in 200 words.
5. Describe briefly, in 150 words, the musical forms Tillana and Ragamalika.
6. Briefly describe Tanam and Kalpana Swaras in 200 words.
7. Describe briefly the following with examples :
(a) Varja Ragas
(b) Vakra Ragas
(c) Bhashanga and Upanga Ragas
8. Write short notes on the following :